Public Interest Legal Advocates
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9
PILAR seeks to provide a venue through which students can act to combat inequality. In particular, PILAR strives to foster lifelong participation in the law-related areas of the public sector through:
- Developing a continuous relationship with community organizations;
- Referring students to opportunities that match their career goals;
- Encouraging students to make pro bono work a part of their careers;
- Making students aware of career opportunities in public interest law.
Goals and Objectives
- Maintain a law school curriculum that is supportive of public interest law students.
- Create financial programs that assist students interested in public interest law with summer or postgraduate employment.
- Develop relationships with organizations and alumni to provide resources for students. . Make Regent attractive to public interest law students.