About Regent Law
Regent University School of Law opened its doors in 1986. Today, the school offers a Juris Doctor (J.D.) in three-year and part-time formats, an online M.A. in Law, an on-campus LL.M. in Human Rights and an on-campus and online LL.M. in American Legal Studies. Additionally, thousands of Regent Law alumni practice law across the United States and in more than 20 countries. These capable men and women are distinguishing themselves as judges and judicial clerks, partners and associates in law firms, mayors and legislators, and in positions with government agencies and public interest organizations. With a proven record of producing practice-ready, purpose-driven graduates who impact the world, Regent Law offers a unique combination of the following:
- A Christ-centered mission
- A first-rate faculty, including Mark Martin, the former Chief Justice of North Carolina
- An exceptional academic program
- High levels of student satisfaction
- Excellent Bar preparation and results, including 100% first-time passage rate on the Uniform Bar Exam and 100% first-time bar passage rate in 14 states for the Class of 2020. Ranked 20th in the Nation for Ultimate Bar Passage, (97%), 2019.
- Top-notch employment (95% NALP) and clerkship percentages (25%)
- Ranked among the Best Law Schools, The Princeton Review, 2021. Ranked among Top 5 in the Nation for Teaching (Interesting Professors), Top 7 in the Nation for Teacher Accessibility, and Top 35 in the Nation for Academic Experience, The Princeton Review, 2020.
- Rated A for Trial Advocacy (top 18 in the nation), A- for Public Policy (top 20 in the nation) and A- for International Law (top 38 in the nation), preLaw Magazine, Winter 2021.
For J.D. students, we offer the following programs and centers:
All of these elements not only equip our students to earn top honors in regional, national and international competitions, but prepare our graduates to consistently do well on the bar exam.
Explore Our Regent Law Overview, including Employment, Bar Passage, Competitions, Awards, and More.
“Regent Law offered not only every MBE subject as a course, but also state-specific courses that allowed me to learn the nuances of California law. Despite the normal nerves of facing the bar exam, I knew Regent had equipped me!“— Julianne Fleischer, J.D., Class of 2020, Judicial Law Clerk, U.S. Department of Justice