Bar prep and Results
The Regent University School of Law ranked 20th in the nation for Ultimate Bar Passage in 2019. It also had the highest overall bar passage rate among all eight Virginia law schools in both July 2017 and February 2018. Learn about bar prep at the law school.
- Core common law classes tested on every bar exam.
- Regent Law students must take 5 or 6 credits (depending on the class) of Property, Torts, Contracts, and Civil Procedure. This is 1-2 credits more than most law schools but ensures that our students are well-prepared for the bar exam and that there is sufficient time to integrate biblical principles.
- Core upper-level required classes tested on bar exams across the nation (E.g., Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Evidence, Business Structures and Agency, UCC 2, Professional Responsibility)
- Electives: Choose those classes that correlate with your bar exam (Family Law, Will, Trusts and Estates, Secured Transactions).
- Electives and Core upper-level classes tested on all bar exams.
- Bar Prep Classes: Up to 5 credits.
- Two credits focus on reviewing 1L classes and drafting essays.
- Two credits focus on preparing for the MBE (200 multiple choice questions; same on every bar exam). Students will take a simulated MBE test to get a real feel for the bar exam.
- One credit focuses on the Multi-State Performance Test (MPT). This part of the bar tests on practical skills like drafting memos. Our students routinely report that they are extremely well prepared for the bar and this part in particular compared to students from other schools.
Regent Law’s Relationship with Barbri
Barbri is the nation’s leading bar prep company, and Regent Law is pleased to partner with them. Starting with the first year of law school through graduation, our students have access to study aids—outlines, lectures, and practice problems—covering almost every subject tested on the bar exam.
Additional benefits include:
- Discounted fee for bar prep class.
- Bar prep class is paid throughout law school as a fee each semester and can be covered with student loans. This semester fee is in lieu of making a one-time payment of $3,000 or more at the end of law school.
All professors are assigned to serve as a mentor for students during bar preparation, and provide invaluable prayer support, encouragement, and advice.
- 20th in the Nation, Ultimate Bar Passage (97%), 2019
- Highest Overall Bar Passage Rate in the State of Virginia, February 2018
- 100% Bar Passage Rate, Honors Class of 2017
- 100% Bar Passage Rate in 11 States, Class of 2017
- 95% Overall Bar Passage Rate (#1 Among Virginia Law Schools), Virginia Bar Exam, July 2017
- 86% Bar Passage Rate Nationwide, Class of 2017
- 100% Bar Passage Rate on the Uniform Bar Exam, accepted in 26 states, Class of 2018