The Public Interest Legal Advocates of Regent (PILAR) will host a silent auction February 24-25, 2014. I write to you today to ask for your support in this endeavor.
Founded in 2001, PILAR is comprised of local law students committed to promoting public interest work and social programs in our community. PILAR equips Regent students to assist with domestic violence issues, child and family issues, civil rights, and indigent representation. This advocacy, while rewarding, is often unpaid due to the limited budgets of many public interest organizations.
The annual silent auction features items donated by local vendors and Regent faculty, staff, and students. All auction proceeds fund grants for Regent Law students volunteering their summer for public interest causes. In the past five years, 29 students received grants to supplement their work in the community. This year, our goal is to raise enough money to provide at least six grants to students.
I humbly request your support through a donation of items or services to be auctioned off at this worthy event. Your tax-deductible donation will certainly help our community gain access to necessary legal services. In return, we will mention you at our auction and encourage our supporters to patronize you, as a business that supports the Hampton Roads Community.
For more information on PILAR please visit our website at www.regent.edu/pilar. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you kindly for your support.
Stephanie Hartman Rojo
President, Public Interest Legal Advocates of Regent
- Gift cards (for restaurants, stores, activities, etc.)
- Tickets (to the movies, a baseball game, an orchestra event, a concert, etc.)
- Legal Study Guides
- New or gently used professional attire (bow ties, suits, tie clips, cuff links, etc.)
- Household items still in good condition (trinkets, candle holders, book shelf statement pieces).
- A service you may be able to personally provide (homemade baked goods, a portrait session, tutoring for an hour, have lunch with a student, etc.)
- Monetary donations are also acceptable.