Trial Advocacy Board
- Summer Requirements:
- The Articulate Advocate: New Techniques of Persuasion for Trial Lawyers, Brian K. Johnson & Marsha Hunter (Crown King Books 2009) ISBN: 0979689503 / 978-0979689505
- Professor James Duane, Doing What Comes Naturally: A New Paradigm for Recognizing Leading Questions.
- Professor James Duane, Arresting Officers and Treating Physicians: When May a Witness Testify to What Others Told Him for the Purpose of Explaining His Conduct?
- Federal Rules Of Evidence Handbook 2013-14
- Courtroom Evidence Handbook, Steven Goode & Olin Guy Wellborn III (Thomson/West) ISBN: 0314179852 / 9780314179852. Any edition after 2009 would work.
- Michael Lief, H. Mitchell Caldwell, and Ben Bycel, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury: Greatest Closing Arguments in Modern Law (1998).
ISBN: 0684859483 / 9780684859484
- The Science of Cross Examination with Terence F. MacCarthy (video)
Regent Law Library: KF8920.M332.1992
- David Ball, Theater Tips and Strategies for Jury Trials (National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 3rd ed. 2003).
ISBN: 1556817797 / 9781556817793
- Rhetoric speech, Professor James Duane (1 hour, 45 minutes).
Available at http://media.regent.edu/schlaw/rhetorichigh.wmv
- Some of the greatest political speeches of all time:
Available at http://www.americanrhetoric.com/
- Irving Younger, Basic Concepts in the Law of Evidence (video)
Regent Law Library: KF8935.Y68.1982
- The following videos on Hearsay by Prof. Duane are incredibly helpful and informative:
- Hearsay pt. 1 http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/fms/butterfly/butterflyURL.cfm?address=7000039
- Hearsay pt. 2 http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/fms/butterfly/butterflyURL.cfm?address=7000040
- Hearsay pt. 3 http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/fms/butterfly/butterflyURL.cfm?address=7000041
- Hearsay pt. 4 http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/fms/butterfly/butterflyURL.cfm?address=7000042
- Hearsay pt. 5 http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/fms/butterfly/butterflyURL.cfm?address=7000043