Thank you for your interest in REAL (Revista de Estudios Avanzados de Liderazgo), translated as the Journal of Advanced Study of Leadership. Regent University is suspending production of this publication until further notice. Therefore, we are not accepting article submissions at this time. The submission guidelines below are provided for reference purposes only. We wish you all the best in your endeavors.
The editors and the editorial board of REAL invite the submission of unpublished contributions, which can be sent throughout the year. The next edition of REAL will be published in Summer 2013, and will focus on issues of leadership and entrepreneurship that are certainly relevant in this global era.
We will be accepting completed papers until April 30, 2013.
Instructions for Authors
REAL (Revista de Estudios Avanzados de Liderazgo) - the School of Business & Leadership at Regent University - aims and considered for publication original and unpublished work, essays, bibliographical reviews, analytical reviews of books, educational or scientific research or work of classroom of students, only in Spanish that have not been proposed in other academic journals and contain issues related to leadership, entrepreneurship, social, economic, administrative and financial Sciences. In the event that the document is submitted as a working or working paper document, the full reference should be included.
The documents submitted must contain possible contributions to the advancement of knowledge in the areas listed in the previous paragraph and this contribution must be consistent with the business development, since the nature of the magazine and its target audience is related to these issues.
Types of Articles
The national Publindex bibliographical index has a Committee of experts who verified the originality and scientific quality of the published documents. He is considered published documents correspond to the following typology:
- Scientific and technological research article A document that presents, in detail, the results of original research projects. The structure generally used contains four major sections: introduction, methodology, results and conclusions.
- Reflection article. A document that presents research results from an analytical, interpretative or critical perspective of the author, on a topic, using original sources.
- Review article. Result document of an investigation where they are analyzed, systematized and integrated the results of research published or not published, a field of science or technology, in order to give an account of progress and development trends. He is characterized by a thorough review bibliographic of by the less 50 references.
There are other types of documents within the type are not considered for the purposes of indexing of a scientific publication, they include: short article, case report, review of subject, letters to the editor, editorial and translation.
Format and Preparation of Articles
All contributions should consider the following:
- The work must be in Spanish (Spanish).
- Work must be original and unpublished contributions, (i.e. have not been previously published nor be currently under review for publication elsewhere.)
- The title of the manuscript should not exceed 15 words.
- Contributions should contain a brief summary (abstract) of not more than 200 words and include five keywords with which to identify the subject of the submission. The abstract and keywords should be placed before the article in the same file. The abstract and keywords should also be submitted in English, which must be placed immediately after the Castilian versions.
- The works should be sent via email to Dr. Rodrigo Zárate, Editor, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Because REAL is a refereed publication, all contributions will be subject to anonymous review. Prior to publication, the author(s) will need to address any evaluator recommendations.
- All pictures, graphics or other artwork (including photography) should be inserted directly into the text where such artwork should go. No artwork will be accepted if presented separately or requires special processing.
- Contributions should be submitted in Microsoft Word (.Doc) letter (size "letter" in MS Word) configured so that all margins are 25mm (approx. 1" in MS Word.). Items must be written in Arial font size 11, double-spaced and contain between 2,500 and 10,000 words.
- The style of qualifications, quotes and references to the contributions should be stipulated in the Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA), 6th. Edition. Those not familiar with this style can purchase the publication manual found here.
- Each contribution must contain two files:
- One that appears in the title of the work, the name of the / author/authors, institutional affiliation of the author(s), contact information for the author who submitted the article and brief biography of 100 words of the author(s).
Another containing the contribution. This file should not appear anywhere in the name(s) of the author(s).
- Once an article is accepted for publication, the author(s) must complete and sign the Permission to Publish Form.
A.P.A. American Psychological Association Standards
All research work presented must use conventional and ethical standards and standards also APA citation and bibliography. Standards APA mentioned that everything that is not typical of researchers should be cited, pointing to the author (or authors) and the year of the work cited, that it must exactly match the document that appears in the bibliography.
In the bibliography, citations are presented in alphabetical order according to the name of the authors. When an author has more than one document, they should be alphabetized as follows:
First Smith, S. (1997) and then Smith, S. & Ravan, J. (1995).
Each of the citations have a provision that varies depending on whether the document is an article, book, book chapter, article of non-scientific magazine, paper, etc. so it is advisable to review the rules to correctly cite APA.
Arbitration Process and Assessment of Articles
The only body that decides on the acceptance of the postulated articles is the Editorial Committee based on established policies and concepts of evaluation.
We look forward to receiving your article submissions!