Welcome to the Regent Ordinary
Here at The Ordinary Cafe, we are called to serve God by serving others. We strive to offer delicious meals and commit to providing a location where all are welcome to gather eat and fellowship. In colonial days, an ordinary was an establishment that served good food at reasonable prices. Likewise, Regent Ordinary is a quaint dining establishment providing good food at great prices in a delightful setting. Come, dine with us!
FRESH FOOD MADE FROM SCRATCH
We pride ourselves in using only the freshest ingredients when making our sauces, pizza dough and rolls, and all your other favorites here in The Ordinary Cafe!
VISIT THE ORDINARY CAFE
1000 Regent University Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
Located in the Student Center
(View campus map)
Reloadable gift cards — “Ordinero” — are now available and can be used for any purchase made through the Ordinary Food Court. Gift cards can be loaded with any amount, however, there is a non-refundable $1.50 service fee for the purchase of new cards.
We are excited about catering for your event. Please review our menu.
Please use the Catering Request form for all on-campus special events requiring catering or food services.
We hope your event was a success. Please email email@example.com with your feedback so we can consistently exceed our customer’s expectations.
Campus catering policy for all Regent events and Regent-hosted outside group events:
The Regent Ordinary has the first right of refusal for any catering event held on-campus, including evening and weekend events. It is a food court-style restaurant housed in the Student Center that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner items. The Ordinary can meet office, reception or banquet-sized catering needs.
Catering selections should be ordered from the catering menu. Regent Ordinary catering for the university is tax-free and saves 11.5%.
In order to best serve your event, event planners must submit a Catering Request form to the Regent Ordinary at least two (2) weeks prior to the event date. This form is required for all catering requests. Approval by a cost center manager is required before submitting the Catering Request form to the Regent Ordinary. Please access the Catering Procedures for further instructions.
The following procedures provide step-by-step instructions to event planners requesting catering services for their special event.
- Read the Regent University Campus Catering Policy.
- Obtain approval for on-campus catering services from your cost center manager/authorized signer.
- Determine if the event is appropriate for the Regent Ordinary or the Founders Inn. For Founders Inn, contact Katherine Mulgrew 757.352.4703; she will negotiate best pricing with Founders Inn if you are using Regent funds. If you are using non-Regent funds, you may use the caterer of your choice (please see the Eligibility section of the Catering Policy).
- If using the Regent Ordinary submission of the Catering Request Form is required.
Please note the following:
- Request forms must be submitted to the Regent Ordinary two weeks prior to event date in order for the Ordinary to best serve your event.
- An estimate of the number of attendees is required at the time the request form is submitted. The final guaranteed count is due seven days prior to event date.
- Be sure to indicate on the form whether your menu is flexible.
- After the form is submitted you will receive an automatic confirmation to the email you provided. Keep this for your records.
- The Ordinary will respond to your request within three business days:
- The Ordinary will forward you a copy of your original catering request. Within the forwarded request form there is an additional section titled “Regent Ordinary Response” where they will indicate whether the event is ‘accepted’, ‘accepted with modifications’ or ‘declined’.
- If ‘accepted’ or ‘accepted with modifications’ the event is placed in the Ordinary’s master calendar and an estimated cost provided to you. If event is ‘declined’, a reason will be included for your information.
- At the conclusion of the event the Ordinary will determine the total cost to be charged to your budget cost center. Your original catering request will be forwarded back to you once again. The total cost information will be included in the section titled “Business Office” and copied to the Business Office so they can complete the interdepartmental transfer of funds.
- If your request is declined by the Ordinary and the Founders Inn is not suitable for your event you may then use an outside caterer. The Purchasing department must approve all outside catering. A minimum of three comparative quotes are required. A quote, contract, or banquet order is required. Please access the Purchasing website and contact the Purchasing department with any questions.
The following procedures provide step-by-step instructions to event planners requesting the Regent Ordinary’s catering services for their Regent-Hosted Outside Group event.
- Read the Regent University Campus Catering Policy.
- Determine if Regent University or the hosted outside group will be paying for the catering; determine if the event is more appropriate for Regent Ordinary catering or the Founders Inn.
- If Regent University is paying, obtain approval for catering services from your cost center manager. Work with Chef for Ordinary’s catering; contact Katherine Mulgrew at 757.352.4703 for Founders Inn catering as she will negotiate best pricing with Founders Inn.
- If the outside group is paying, they will work directly with the Ordinary or Founders Inn. They will pay Founders Inn directly, but for Ordinary’s charges, work with Administrative Services to have the charges added to the central invoice. If the outside group is paying for other facets of the event, those charges will also go on the central invoice.
- If using the Regent Ordinary, submit the Catering Request Form for Regent-funded events; submit the Outside Group Catering Request form for all others. Please note the following:
- Request forms must be submitted to the Regent Ordinary three weeks prior to event date in order for the Ordinary to best serve the event.
- The estimated number of attendees is required at the time the request form is submitted. The final guaranteed count is due seven days prior to event date.
- Indicate on the form whether the menu is flexible.
- After the form is submitted an automatic confirmation will be sent to the email provided.
- The Ordinary will respond within three business days.
- For Regent-funded outside group events: at the conclusion of the event the Ordinary will determine the total cost to be charged to your budget cost center. Your original catering request will be forwarded back to you once again. The total cost information will be included in the section titled “Business Office” and copied to the Business Office so they can complete the interdepartmental transfer of funds.
- For Regent-hosted outside groups with the outside group paying for the catering, tax will be added, and payment is due by cash, check or credit card on the day of the event – no exceptions.
- If your request is declined by the Ordinary and the Founders Inn is not suitable for your event you may then use an outside caterer. Purchasing must approve all outside catering. A minimum of three comparative quotes/contracts/banquet orders are required. Please access the Purchasing website and contact the Purchasing department with any questions.
Regent University offers the Regent Ordinary as its on-campus dining facility – a food court-style restaurant located in the Student Center. The menu includes an assortment of breakfast, lunch and dinner items. The Ordinary can meet office, reception or banquet-sized catering needs. For special event catering, food items may be ordered either from the regular menu or the catering menu.
The Regent Ordinary has five meeting spaces within the Student Center capable of serving private functions:
- Main Dining Room: 96 person capacity
- Fountain View Room: 40 person capacity
- Loft: 32 person capacity
- Conference Room 118: 10 person capacity
- Patio and Adjoining Woods: 100 person capacity
While the primary focus is serving the Regent community through direct service in the Ordinary, catering for approximately 150 people is available elsewhere on the Regent campus, depending on the menu selected. Buffet-style functions and stand-up receptions may allow for a greater number of attendees as they are more manageable than plated meals. If there are questions regarding the Ordinary, please call 757.352.4924.
The Founders Inn is located on Regent’s campus. It is an upscale hotel and resort suitable for any of your conference, banquet or reception planning needs. You may also contract with Founders Inn to cater your event held on the Regent University campus.
All catered functions held by outside groups on the Regent campus are required to use one of Regent’s two exclusive caterers: The Regent Ordinary or the Founders Inn.
After receiving confirmation of your facility use application and contracted room, submit a Catering Request Form to order catering from the Ordinary for your special event. The Regent Ordinary requires a Catering Request Form to be submitted at least three weeks prior to the event date (submission of the form further in advance is appreciated). The estimated number of guests is required at the time the Catering Request Form is submitted for planning and budgeting purposes. A final count of guests is due within seven days of the event.
If you are planning to use the Founders Inn, contact them at 757.366.5814.
The Regent Ordinary requires a minimum of 72 hours’ notice in the event of a cancellation. If cancellation notice is less than 72 hours the customer will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
All outside groups are charged tax (Virginia: 6%, Virginia Beach: 5.5%). Payment is required by cash, check or credit card on or before the day of the event – no exceptions.
We strive to give you the best possible value for your catering dollar. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Please complete the Room Reservation Form for Regent event rooms, conference rooms and classroom space requests.
|Room||Room Fee with Catering||Room Fee without Catering|
|Whole Dining Room||$250||$400|
These fees will be charged to each outside group of more than 25 people. This fee covers restroom supplies.
|Number of People||Fee|
Room rental is contingent upon the Ordinary’s receipt of renter’s declaration page showing Comprehensive Liability and Property Coverage Insurance in accordance with the criteria set forth in the Catering Agreement.