Regent University’s School of Law Faculty members willingly share their knowledge and expertise beyond the classroom to spark scholarly debate and advance the practice of law. Their latest endeavors include the following.
Dean Michael Hernandez appeared on CBN Newswatch discussing the Masterpiece Cakeshop victory at the Supreme Court, where the lead attorneys were Regent Law alumni. Watch video.
Professor James Davids just posted The Role of Worldview in the Judicial Decisions of Justice John Paul Stevens, 11 Liberty U. L. Rev. 723 (2017) on SSRN.com.*
Professor Tom Folsom was in the top 10% of downloads on SSRN for the month of May. Download his papers.*
Professor Jeffrey Brauch just uploaded new pieces to SSRN:
- The Dean and Family Life.*
- The Law School Special Event: Lessons Learned in our 20th Year.*
- Commemorative Address: Celebrating 25 Years of God’s Faithfulness, 25 Regent L. Rev. 109 (2011-12).*
- The Student-Faculty Retreat, 35 U. Toledo L. Rev. (2003).
- Why the Journal of International Law at Regent University?*
- Why I Must Teach, 34 U. Toledo L. Rev. (2002).*
The Journal of Global Justice and Public Policy is now on SSRN!
- Prof. Jeffrey Brauch’s Introduction to the Journal of Global Justice and Public Policy, 1 J. Global Justice & Pub. Pol’y 1 (2014).*
- Stay tuned for articles written by current students and Regent Law alumni.
Professor Harry Hutchison just uploaded a new piece to SSRN:
- Chasing Shadows: the Economic and Noneconomic Thrust of BDS, published in Cardozo Law’s 1 Int’l. Comparative, Pol’y & Ethics L. Rev. 205 (2018).*
Professor Lynne Marie Kohm just uploaded new pieces to SSRN:
- Family and Juvenile Law, 42 U. Richmond L. Rev. 417 (2007).*
- Annual Survey of Virginia Law: Domestic Relations, 32 U. Richmond L. Rev. 1165 (1998).*
- Marriage and the Intact Family: The Significance of Michael H. v. Gerald D., 22 Whittier L. Rev. 327 (2000).*
- The Collateral Effects of Civil Unions on Family Law, 11 Widener J. Pub. L. 451 (2002).*
- Take it to Court, Fostering Families: Leading Christians on Pressing Questions, Village Green, ChristianityToday.com (May 2012).*
- The New Paradigm for the Feminine Mystique: The Authentic Women’s Perspective, 2 Liberty, Life & Family 259 (June 1996).*
- Liberty and Marriage-Baehr and Beyond: Due Process in 1998, 12 BYU J. Pub. L. 253 (1998).*
- A Fresh Perspective on Women and Motherhood: The Traditional Values Mother Is One of a Few Good Men, 81 Women Lawyers J. 8 (June 1995).*
- Designer Babies: Are Test Tubes and Microbes Replacing Romance? Relevant Legal Issues and DNA, 16 Am. J. Forensic Medicine & Pathology 1 (1995).*
- An International Examination of Same Sex Parent Adoption, 5 Regent U. J. Int’l L. 237 (2007).*
* Publications available to view and download for free.