Regent Law Ranked Among Best Law Schools for 2023 by U.S. News & World Report
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (March 29, 2022) – For the first time in its history, Regent University School of Law has been ranked among top law schools by U.S. News & World Report. In the 2023 Best Graduate Schools rankings published today, Regent was listed among the top 147 ranked law schools.
“With great enthusiasm, I am honored to announce that Regent Law is officially a ranked law school,” said Mark Martin, Dean of Regent Law and former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina. “I’ve long known that Regent is an excellent law school—and one that is getting stronger every year. It is wonderful to see U.S. News recognize what is happening at Regent. Receiving this recognition is an important affirmation of the high-quality, rigorous academics at Regent Law.”
The 2023 Best Graduate Schools rankings measured 192 law schools fully accredited by the American Bar Association. U.S. News & World Report based 60% of its rankings on objective measurements, including admissions statistics, employment data, bar passage rate, student debt, and overall resources. The remaining 40% of the ranking was based on the votes of law school administrators, faculty, and alumni.
Regent’s ranking was driven by the quality of its objective metrics. For example, Regent ranks 88th in the Nation in objective admissions metrics. Other recent rankings and accolades include:
- Top 5 in the Nation, Public Policy, preLaw Magazine, 2022
- Ranked 7th in the Nation, Moot Court, 2022 (as of March 28, 2022)
- 22nd in the Nation, Judicial Clerkships, 2021
- 96% employment rate, Class of 2020, NALP
- 55th best in the nation, first-time bar passage rate, 2020
- Tied 12th best in the Nation for Teaching Quality, Princeton Review, Best Law Schools, 2022
To learn more about Regent Law, visit www.regent.edu/law.
Founded in 1978, Regent University is America’s premier Christian university with more than 11,000 students studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in more than 150 areas of study including business, communication and the arts, counseling, cybersecurity, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing, healthcare, and psychology. Regent University is ranked the #1 Best Accredited Online College in the United States (Study.com, 2020), the #1 Safest College Campus in Virginia (YourLocalSecurity, 2021), and the #1 Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia for ten years in a row (U.S. News & World Report, 2022).
About Regent Law
Regent Law’s more than 4,465 graduates practice law in all 50 states and over 20 countries and include 38 currently sitting judges. The School of Law currently ranks in the top 11 percent of all law schools for graduates obtaining judicial clerkships and ranked 20th in the nation for Ultimate Bar Passage in 2019. The school offers the Juris Doctor (J.D.) in three-year and part-time formats, an online M.A. in Law, an online M.A. in Financial Planning & Law, an on-campus and online LL.M. in Human Rights and an on-campus and online LL.M. in American Legal Studies.