10 Things You Need to Know About Regent 2020 Commissioning and Commencement Virtual Ceremonies
Regent is excited that graduates and their supporters from around the world can come together during a virtual experience to celebrate the culmination of our journey together. Here are some important details to guide your experience.
1. Where Can I Find Commissioning & Commencement Details?
2. What is the Size of Graduating Class?
2,300+ Regent University Students – our largest graduating class yet.
3. When and What is “Commissioning”?
Held on Friday, May 8, 2020, Commissioning Ceremonies are a time for individual schools to prayerfully commission their graduates to serve the world as Christian leaders in their chosen field. Outstanding academic achievements are also acknowledged during this time.
4. How Do I Access the Live-Stream for My School’s Commissioning Ceremony?
To access the live-stream, go to regent.edu/commencement. From there, you will be directed to individual school information.
5. What Does the Commissioning Schedule Include?
The Commissioning Schedule includes:
- Address from the Dean
- Academic Award Recipients
- Congratulatory Remarks – Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Gerson Moreno-Riaño
- Commissioning Address – Founder and Chancellor, Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson
- Closing and Prayer
Following commissioning, over the coming days, a faculty member will reach out to you individually for a special time of personal prayer and blessing.
6. When is the Regent University Commencement (Graduation) Ceremony?
Saturday, May 9, marks the live-stream broadcast of the Commencement (Graduation). Viewers may access the web page as early as 8 a.m. for announcements and details. The ceremony begins at 9:15 a.m.
7. How Do I Access the Live Stream?
Simply go to regent.edu/commencement.
8. What Does the Commencement Schedule Include?
The Commencement Schedule includes:
- Greeting – Founder and Chancellor, Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson
- Greeting – Chairman of the Board Phil Walker
- Commencement Message – Keynote Speaker Eric Metaxas
- Conferring of the Degrees by the deans
- Graduate Response
- Reading of all Graduates’ Names
- Confetti Celebration
9. What is This Year’s Commencement Theme?
“We are more than conquerors!”
10. How Can Photos be Featured on Regent’s Social Media Platforms and During the May 9 Commencement Ceremony?
Graduates will begin receiving a special “Graduate Box” in the mail over the week of May 3, 2020. Be sure to post photos of this and other special ways your Regent graduate is celebrating using #RegentGrad2020.
You may be featured on our Live Wall during Saturday’s Commencement Ceremony!