GoArmyEd released a Course Planner that was implemented on March 29, 2014 for Army students receiving Federal Tuition Assistance (TA) through the GoArmyEd portal. The Course Planner is a tool that allows you to list the courses that must be taken to complete your selected degree plan.
Previously, Army Education Counselors manually validated each TA request against a student’s degree plan posted to their eFile. Now, the GoArmyEd Course Planner allows you to own your degree plan, which will be submitted for approval to Regent University to ensure every class contributes toward the completion of the degree. The course planner helps you monitor your progress and keep you on track towards your educational goals.
Important to Note:
What are the basic steps I need to complete the Course Planner?
1. Log in to your GoArmyEd account and select the “Course Planner…” link from your Smart Links.
2. Select the “Upload new Student Agreement/Official Degree Plan” link.
In the Upload Degree Plan section, enter the document title in the “Title” field. Enter a description of the document in the “Description” field and then select the “Upload Plan” button to select the document you wish you attach and upload.
3. You may now add courses to your Course Planner and submit for approval.
1. Select the “Course Planner” Smart Link under the Smart Links section of your GoArmyEd Homepage.
If you do not see the Course Planner Smart Link you are NOT required to complete Course Planner based on your chosen degree.
A Statement of Understanding is due Quarterly. If it appears, scroll down the screen and select the radio button to acknowledge that you agree to the terms of the Statement of Understanding when using Tuition Assistance and “Submit.”
2. The Course Planner page displays. Enter the number of units you have remaining to graduate in the “Units Remaining to Graduate” field and select the drop-down arrow to select the unit type for the “Unit Type” field.
Note: The number of remaining units to graduate can be found on your Student Agreement/Documented Degree Plan.
1. Select the “Add Course at Home School” button to have the Home School defaulted to your GoArmyEd Account. Select the “Add Course” button to add a course from a different school.
2a. The Browse Catalog page appears. The catalog codes are organized in alphabetical order. You can use the letter selection to jump to the course you are looking for, or you can scroll through the selections to find the course you are looking for.
2b. The “Add Course” button takes you to the Look Up School page. You can complete the “School Name“, “City“, and/or “State” fields to search for your school.
2c. If your school does not upload courses into GoArmyEd, manually enter your course information on the Course Planner page when it displays.
3a. Check the box associated to the course(s) you would like to add in the “Select” column and select the “Add to Planner” button.
3b. Select the “Add to Planner” button next to each course you wish to add.
3c. Manually complete the fields listed on the Course Planner.
4. Ensure you select the Course Usage type from the drop down. Note: There a two separate areas where you must select the “Submit” button.
5. Once submitted, you will receive a message indicating you have successfully submitted your Course Planner Request. Select “OK.” Note: You will receive an email when your courses have been reviewed and either approved or rejected.
1. From the Course Planner, select the “Enroll” button next to the class(es) you wish to enroll in.
2. You may view details about the course by selecting the “Class Details” button. You may also view any prerequisites and materials which may be required to complete the course. You will also see the last date you are able to drop the course and receive a full refund. Select the
“Request Class” button to proceed with your enrollment.
3. You will see warning messages noting your enrollment is dependent upon the availability of TA Funds and may see warning messages if you are required to pay for any or all portion of the class.
4. If you are required to pay any portion of the course, the amount will be listed next to the YOU MUST PAY section.
If you are on Hold, you may choose to pay for all costs.
If you have any questions regarding Soldier Funded Fees, contact your Education Counselor.
Q: Do I have to submit a Course Planner prior to enrolling into classes?
A: Yes, you will not be able to enroll in a class until the related course is entered on your Course Planner and approved. Course Planner is required once you complete six semester-hours (SH) taken at your home school or nine SH at any school (whichever comes first).
Q: How is my Course Planner approved?
A: Your Course Planner will be reviewed by either your school or an Army Education Counselor. After you have been approved for the courses listed on your Course Planner, you will be able to enroll in the approved course or courses.
Q: Can I see a history of actions related to each course?
A: Yes, select the “Action History” link on the far right hand side of your Course Planner to see all actions by all users related to a specific course.
Q: How many classes do I have to include in Course Planner?
A: In order to avoid having to resubmit your Course Planner multiple times, you should include all courses that you know are needed to complete your degree, but you must complete 50 percent in order to submit your Course Planner for approval.
Q: Am I able to edit my classes in Course Planner?
A: Yes, if courses are in Pending status, you are able to make edits on the Course Planner.
Q: Can I change my course listings once they are approved in Course Planner?
A: If you change your degree or home school you will need to submit a new Course Planner for approval.
Welcome to a high level Course Planner overview.
2. What is Course Planner?
3. Why is the Course Planner required?
4. What do I need from my school to complete the Course Planner?
5. Where can I get help completing my Course Planner?
6. How long will it take to complete and gain approval for my Course Planner?
7. How long will it take to complete and gain approval for my Course Planner?