Coming this spring, the university will be migrating from Wimba virtual classroom to the new Blackboard Collaborate.
First Time Users (Students and Participants):
- Watch the 7.5 min. recorded Participant Online Orientation session. It introduces the basic web conferencing features you will need to participate in a session. Topics covered include: how to check audio/video setup and run the audio setup wizard; how to participate during the session and use the whiteboard tools; and how to leave/join sessions.
- Students and Participants: Includes training such as Getting started and Essential things to know in order to participate in Collaborate sessions. video recordings, PDF, and web pages with tutorials and documentation available to participating students and faculty moderators.
First Time Users (Faculty and Moderators):
- Watch the 11 min. recorded Orientation for Moderators session. It will download a pre-recorded Collaborate session you then need to launch/run. Topics covered include: the moderator interface and whiteboard tools; panel layout options; creating your user profile; loading content into your session and navigating through it; polling; and recording sessions.
- Right under the "For Participants"heading you will find the "For Moderators" heading. Click that heading to access topics such as Getting Started, Essentials, and Using Telephony. You may also want to visit the online Moderator's Guide OR download the PDF version.
- CTL's recommended training on Collaborate
- On-Demand learning: Free documentation and training on the use of Blackboard Collaborate.
- Free Online Training: free self-paced asynchronous online courses you can sign up for.
- Additional Resources for Moderators: Quick Reference Guide, Top Ten Habits of Highly Effective Moderators, Putting It All Together Manual, and Beyond the Basics Manual.