Steven M. Hays, DSL
Dr. Steven Hays brings over 12 years experience as a professor in higher education and more than 15 years experience in healthcare administration leadership to his role as a faculty member at Regent University. Prior to joining Regent University, Hays was an Associate Professor and Program Director at Roberts Wesleyan College in Rochester, NY for 10 1/2 years.
He holds the designation of Certified Medical Practice Executive from the American College of Medical Practice Executives. Hays is also a certified facilitator for Lead like Jesus and a faculty evaluator for the American Council on Education. In his spare time, Hays enjoys reading Southern literature and spending time with his wife and their grown children at the Outer Banks and the North Carolina mountains.
- D.S.L., Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
- M.S.H.A., Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- B.A., English - Professional Writing, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC
“Mentoring Physician Leaders: Ensuring the Future of Healthcare” in Group Practice Journal, June 2005, Volume 54, No. 6
“Restructuring for a Brighter Future: Organizational Design and Culture Change in 21st Century Higher Education” in Leadership Advance Online, Issue XII, Spring 2008
“The High Cost of Apathy: Why Leadership Coaching is Needed in Health Care” in Journal of Strategic Leadership, Vol. 1, Issue 1, September 2008.
“Every Good and Perfect Gift: Understanding the Relationship Between Spiritual Gifts and Leadership Roles”. Book chapter in Best Practices in Integrating Faith and Learning for Adult and Online Students,CCCU Center for Research in Adult Learning, 2010.
- Greenleaf Institute for Servant Leadership, member since 2006;
- American College of Healthcare Executives, member since 2000;
- Medical Group Management Association, member since 1999
American Council on Education; Lead Like Jesus
- Outstanding Faculty Award - Roberts Wesleyan College - Health Administration Department, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013
- Barbara S. Muller Memorial Award for Teaching Excellence, Roberts Wesleyan College, 2008
- Student Membership Recruiter of the Year, Medical Group Management Association, 2008