Apply to Be a Student Orientation Leader
What’s it all about?
Orientation Leaders (OL) have the privilege of introducing students to campus and student life, creating a memorable experience, and being a trusted guide, mentor, and friend.
What Do Great Orientation Leaders Do?
Orientation Leaders get to use their unique gifts as they work alongside the Orientation Staff at SOAR over the summer. They are expected to:
- Maintain enthusiasm and ensure student participation in all orientation events
- Serve as a positive role model at orientation and beyond
- Be available to work the entire duration of orientation
- Participate fully in orientation leader training and required activities
- Uphold all standards of the Regent Community and fulfill all orientation expectations
Orientation Leader Interest Meeting
The Orientation Leader Interest Meeting is a chance to learn more information about the role and meet the Center for Student Happiness staff. You can choose to attend one of the following meetings:
- January 28th from 5pm to 6pm in Robertson Hall 114
- January 29th from 12pm to 1pm and will be held virtually
Follow @ruorientations on Instagram for more information about Orientation Leaders and SOAR!
What is SOAR?
Summer Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR) is our Summer Orientation just for freshmen. As students stay overnight in the Regent Commons, SOAR provides an opportunity for them to transition from high school to get connected with Regent. They will form bonds with their Orientation Leaders and other incoming students through group games, department meetings, and large group activities. We hold two events with different groups of students, and OLs will be provided housing accommodations in the Regent Commons for the duration of this time. Review the qualifications.