If you desire professional development opportunities, Regent University’s program offers the perfect opportunity for you to grow professionally, academically and spiritually. Each class, taught over an eight-week session, can be applied to your degree plan should you choose to enroll, allowing for a completion of up to nine credit hours in total. Professional Development Admission Requirements:
- You must have completed a high school diploma OR passed the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) test.
- Complete the online student application and select the Academic Program “Nondegree Course” on the second tab of the application.
- We are able to examine and view your unofficial high school and previous college transcripts from U.S.-based schools, which indicate successful completion of a high school diploma or GED and any college credits attempted, in order to review you for an admissions decision. Please submit your unofficial transcripts to our Admissions Office by email to email@example.com.
Non-U.S. transcripts must be evaluated by an NACES-approved company. For further details, please review the International Admissions Checklist on the International Students Admissions page.
International Applicants: Please visit the International Students Admissions page for a more detailed explanation of the Regent University application information and to determine whether or not you qualify as an international student.
Upon conditional acceptance to the program by review of unofficial transcripts, Regent University’s Admissions Office will attempt to obtain your official transcripts from your U.S. degree-granting institution, which indicate successful completion of a high school diploma and any college credits you have attempted. We will notify you if your previous institution will not release transcripts directly to us. The deadline for the completed application will be two weeks prior to the start of any session. If you have any questions, please contact our team at 757.352.4960 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Government-Issued ID
To ensure academic integrity, Regent University requires a copy of a government-issued ID. Simply scan and upload a copy of your driver’s license, high school ID, passport, permanent resident card or official government ID card, using our secure and convenient online tool. If you prefer to take a picture of your government-issued ID and email it to our office, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Government ID.”
- Nondegree students are limited to taking a maximum of 9 credit hours.
- Nondegree students must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Acceptance as a nondegree student does not constitute acceptance as a degree-seeking student. A separate application for degree-seeking students is required.
- Acceptance as a nondegree student does not guarantee availability of courses. Regent reserves the right to change or cancel courses, so please call (800.722.3680) or view our course schedule to confirm the location, date and time of your course(s) prior to the first day of class.
- Visiting students are required to determine how courses taken at Regent will transfer to their home institution. Regent is NOT responsible for determining applicability of transfer credits.
Tuition is $250/credit hour for classes in online or campus format. (Some theater, animation, and cinema-television classes may carry an additional fee of $70-200 per course.)
The following University Services Fee also applies:
- On-Campus Students: $700/semester
- Online Students: $550/semester
Financial aid is not available to nondegree students.