Immigration & Employment Information

The information contained through the links below will assist currently enrolled F-1 student visa holders with various immigration, employment, and travel related questions and responsibilities. Information is also provided for Regent University Faculty and Staff. For additional information, please contact the OISS Director.

NOTE: All student immigration forms, including the "Request for I-20 Travel Signature Form", the "Information Change Form", and the "Request for F-1 Program Extension" can be found on the OISS webpage called "OISS Request and Notification Forms."

F-1 Students

Maintaining Lawful F-1 Status Changing to F-1 Immigration Status
F-1 Visas Important Immigration Terms
F-1 Student Reinstatement Instructions I-901 / SEVIS Fee
Working in the U.S. Departing & Reentering the U.S.
Maintaining Lawful F-1 Status for Short Term On-Campus Residencies F-2 Visas 

Regent University Faculty & Staff

Whether you are an academic advisor or dean, or whether you work in admissions or if you have international students working in your office, it is important for Regent faculty and staff to understand some basic immigration rules and to know that all employment, immigration and travel related questions from the F-1 international students should be referred to the Office of International Student Services (OISS) (201 Student Center, 352-4130). The Immigration Brochure for Faculty and Staff provides some important information on the admission, enrollment, employment and advising of Regent-sponsored international students, which all Regent employees are encouraged to read.