The Certificate in Terrorism and Homeland Defense
On-Campus and Online Course Overview
Students are taught to analyze policies central to our country's prosperity and safety and to formulate plans for addressing the modern phenomenon of terrorism with a balanced, informed perspective. This area of study will prove especially attractive to military officers, intelligence officials, homeland security experts, and state and local law enforcement agencies and governmental officials.
- Analyze the threats presented by particular terrorist groups operating both in the US and abroad.
- Articulate and apply counterterrorism strategies.
- Describe the role of culture – including religion – as a factor in the growth of violent extremism in historic and contemporary contexts.
Potential future positions related to this certificate are:
- CIA Analyst
- Federal Agent
- FBI Agent
- National Security Agency Analyst
- Research Assistant
- Local Law Enforcement Officer
- U.S. Department of Defense Analyst
- Consultant for Security-related Organizations
Complete the following courses:
|GOV 625||International Relations Theory||3||Description|
|GOV 660||Intelligence and National Security||3||Description|
|GOV 677||Terrorism and Homeland Defense||3||Description|
|GOV 678||Crisis/Disaster Consequence Management||3||Description|
|GOV 679||National Security Affairs||3||Description|
|GOV 689||American Foreign Policy||3||Description|