Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Adult Education
- Christopher Slater, Ed.D.
Talent Development Officer
Dept. of Transportation
Regent Graduate, 2009
"The value of a Regent degree is the critical thinking skills that you will gain. Every theory you know, every belief you held, and even your faith, will get stretched to the limits."
Read Christopher's Story»
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) program is delivered primarily online (along with four-day summer residencies) and designed to facilitate the learning styles of adults and provide a collaborative community for higher-level thinking and problem solving. The problem-based curriculum, applied dissertation projects and individually designed concentration allow for a tailor-made program. Undergirding the entire program is critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and learning from a Christian worldview. The capstone project, as with any doctoral program, is the submission and defense of a doctoral dissertation.
Spring & Summer 2015 Cohorts:
Ed.D. cohorts will begin in January and mid-June. A four-day residency will be held July 13-16, 2015 at our Virginia Beach Campus.
Doctor of Education in Adult Education Highlights:
Length: 60 credit hours. May be completed in as little as 3 years.
Format: Offered in a cohort model. Students may begin the program in the spring or summer semesters. Courses are delivered online with some required face-to-face components. School division cohorts are also offered in varying formats.
Results: Doctor of Education in Adult Education degree. The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) is awarded after completion of 30 credit hours. The Doctor of Education degree is awarded after completion of 60 credit hours.
Important Links: Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid | Faculty |Course Schedule
Features: Online coursework, concentration and dissertation advisor, on-campus residencies.
The online Doctor of Education in Adult Education is designed to prepare students for careers in adult education and leadership of programs and organizations involved in the education of adults. The online Ed.D. in Adult Education program will equip organizational and institutional decision makers with the knowledge and skills to design, implement and evaluate professional development programs for adult populations. Decision makers in the areas of higher education, K-12 public and private education, business, government and corporate settings will be prepared to effectively deliver results-based programs that will further the professional practice of adult learners within their organizations. This online doctorate degree in adult education emphasizes theory and research of teaching and learning, motivation, self-efficacy, supervision, organizational and institutional change, design, delivery and evaluation issues in teaching and learning, and curriculum design for the adult learner. Read dissertation abstracts of students in the Ed.D. in Adult Education program.
Hot Academic Jobs of the Future
"Ph.D.s and Ed.D.s are in high demand, and will be for some time." - Mark David Milliron
Doctor of Education in Adult Education graduates will be able to:
- Identify, respond to, and lead in important local, national, and global educational issues in a Christ-like manner from informed biblical perspectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how key theories inform planning, administration, policy and professional practice.
- Evaluate educational research from theoretical and methodological perspectives in order to determine its contribution to policy and professional practice.
- Solve problems associated with planning, administration, policy and professional practice by
- analyzing data;
- synthesizing information; and
- applying critical thinking
- Provide intellectual leadership in producing and communicating action research to significantly impact respective professional spheres of education
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness and ethical behavior in a Christ-like manner in planning, administration, policy development, problem solving, and professional practice.