Doctor of Ministry Application Requirements
Fall 2016 Cohort: International Applicants - February 15, 2016 | Domestic Applicants - July 15, 2016
Summer 2016 Cohort: April 1, 2016
Spring 2017 Cohort: December 15, 2016
International student applicants should allow at least 4-6 weeks for an admission decision to be made once all required documents have been submitted to the appropriate offices and the applicant has followed all processes and procedures required for an admission decision.
To be considered for acceptance into the Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) program at the School of Divinity, an applicant must have completed either of the following:
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree (or equivalent theological master's degree of at least 72 credit hours) from an ATS accredited, graduate institution.
- M.Div. equivalency of 72 credit hours of graduate-level coursework, with at least 48 credit hours being graduate-level theological studies courses.
Applicants from non-ATS accredited schools will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Note: Those interested in the program who have a Master of Arts with less than 72 credit hours, but no M.Div. may wish to consider the Advanced Courses in Theological Studies (A.C.T.S.) as a prerequisite for application.
In addition, applicants to the Doctor of Ministry program should have:
- a cumulative master's degree GPA of at least 3.0
- current activity in a church or parachurch ministry context
- a minimum of 3 years of senior-level ministry experience
- high intellectual achievement and scholarship as evidenced by college transcripts and the applicant's writing sample
- spiritual maturity, integrity of character and willingness to grow as a leader
- personal goals consistent with the mission of Regent University
- a positive recommendation from a clergy member
Doctor of Ministry Application Process (D.Min.)
- Submit Your Application
Complete the School of Divinity Application for Admission.
- Submit a Clergy Recommendation
Request the Clergy Recommendation Form. It can be completed online or through the mail by your current pastor or ministry leader.
- Submit a Résumé
This résumé should be geared toward a D.Min. degree. Include significant ministry experiences (minimum 3 years of senior-level ministry experience), current ministry position, ordination status and interest in a D.Min. professional concentration. Mail your résumé to Enrollment Support Services (see address below) or email it to email@example.com using the subject line: DIV Doctoral Application Pieces.
- Submit the Personal Goal Statement
Follow the link to the Personal Goal Statement and follow the document carefully, and email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: DIV Doctoral Application Pieces, or mail it to Enrollment Support Services.
- Submit your Unofficial College Transcripts
Regent University's Office of the Registrar is requesting your official transcripts from your degree-granting institution, which indicates successful completion of a bachelor's degree program. We are able to examine and view your unofficial transcript in order to gain you an admissions decision. Please submit your unofficial transcript to our Admissions Office by email to email@example.com using the subject line: DIV Doctoral Application Pieces.
- Pay Your $50 Application Fee
Your application will be fully processed once we have received your non-refundable application fee. Mail a check payable to "Regent University" to Enrollment Support Services (see address below), or submit your payment online over a secure server.
- Mail all documents that are completed offline to the following address:
Enrollment Support Services
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23464 USA
Phone: 757.352.4127 | Fax: 757.352.4381
After all application materials are received, the completed application will be reviewed by the Divinity admissions committee. When decisions are made, you will receive written notification. Financial aid and housing requests are reviewed after decisions have been announced in writing.
If you have questions about the School of Divinity's admission process, our programs or to verify that we have received your application materials, please contact us.
Note: All items submitted as part of the application process become the property of Regent University and cannot be returned.
Bruce Smith, D.Min. '06
CEO, Wycliffe Associates
"I learned new things, heard new perspectives from writers and professors, and applied these things directly to my ministry challenges. Regent was, and is, a community of faith that strengthens each of us as we serve God."
Read more >