School of Psychology & Counseling Graduate Student
Financial Aid Award Application

The School of Psychology & Counseling (SPC) will award a limited number of need-based awards to students who can demonstrate need as evidenced by a completed financial condition statement on the SPC Financial Aid Application. Need-Based Grants are awarded at the discretion of the Financial Aid committee and may be influenced by other scholarships and the student's employment status. Students who wish to be considered for need-based assistance will be required to document that they have also sought other self-help funds, namely, student loans. These grants are last-dollar funds and typically only go to students experiencing extreme hardship or those who have exhausted all other sources of funding, including student loans.

Part A

This application should only be completed after an applicant has been accepted to the School of Psychology & Counseling. If you complete the application prior to your acceptance decision, you will be required to resubmit the financial aid application at that time.

Please do not fill out this form if you are an undergraduate student. Please go to the undergraduate website for scholarship opportunities.

Full Legal Name
Student ID Number
(example: B00123456)
Daytime Phone
State of Residency
Are you a
U.S. Citizen / Permanent Resident
Other Citizenship
Federal Tax Filing Status
Number of Dependants
Have you completed the FAFSA? Yes
*Submission of the FAFSA is required in order to be considered for SPC need-based grants. Non-U.S. citizens may be required to submit additional financial information to be eligible for consideration.
Select Your Program
Anticipated Course Load Full Time (At least 9 credits/semester for fall and spring, and 6 credits in the summer semester for most programs; Ph.D. and CMHC students are full time if they follow the prescribed course progression for their program.)
Part Time
Joint Degree Applicants School of Communication & the Arts
School of Divinity
School of Education
School of Global Leadership and Entrepreneurship
School of Government
School of Law
Resources for Meeting Expenses Savings
GI Bill®/Military Benefits
Personal/Family Resources
TIP (Tuition Installment Plan)
RU or SPC Scholarships/Grants
Private/Outside Scholarships
Employer Reimbursement

Part B

Financial Condition Worksheet

Complete all personal financial information below. This information is confidential. The Financial Aid Committee will use this data, along with the FAFSA, to determine financial need. Complete the following based on your current budget and financial situation. The Financial Aid Committee is aware that this information may change dramatically when you enroll in a graduate program. As you gather this information, it should serve as an excellent guide while you prepare your modest budget for your time in graduate school. You may find our sample student budget, provided by current students, helpful as you plan for your time as a student.

How many hours per week do you work?
Rate of Pay


Annual Household Income
Annual Income from Trust Funds, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Etc.
Annual Support from Parents, Relatives, Friends, Church
Infusion of Liquidated Assets (from savings, IRA, etc.)
Subtotal Annual Income and Resources
Total Annual Income and Resources


  Monthly Annually
Food and Personal
Car Payment(s) (loan/lease payment)
Car - Year, Make & Model(s)  
Childcare Expenses
Medical Expenses
Debt Repayment
Non-Deferred Student Loan(s) Repayment
Total -- Annual Living Costs


Adjusted Gross Income
(as reported on your most recent tax return)

Equity in Real Estate
Retirement Accounts
Other Assets
Please Specify Type

Required Narrative:
Please explain the circumstances that have brought you to applying for need-based funding from the SPC. Also include steps you are implementing now for meeting your financial needs in future enrollment terms.

I certify that the above information to be a true accounting of my financial resources and anticipated income to the best of my knowledge.
Applicant's Electronic Signature
Spouse's Electronic Signature

"GI Bill®" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at