Bruce E. Winston, Ph.D. | bio publications contact
Dr. Bruce Winston has been a part of Regent University since 1991, both with the School of Business and the School of Business & Leadership (SBL). He currently serves as director of the Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership program and teaches in the Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership and Doctor of Strategic Leadership programs. Dr. Winston served as dean of the school from 2006-2013. During that time, SBL experienced growth in its program and publication offerings, and earned prestigious accreditations for its MBA and leadership programs, including ACBSP and ASEL.
As a lecturer and consultant in the U.S., Canada, Europe and South Africa, Dr. Winston's expertise is in leadership, organizational development, university administration and strategic foresight. He also enjoys speaking and teaching in the areas of communication, quality improvement and marketing. Prior to his academic career of more than 24 years at Regent University, he led organizations in the commercial printing industry for 13 years.
Dr. Winston's research interests include servant leadership, organizational development and transformation, leadership development, distance education, and technology in higher education.
- Models of Leadership
- Organizational Development
- Strategic Leadership and Change
- Organizational Communication, Persuasion and Conflict Resolution
- Entrepreneurial Excellence Spirit Award (2013)
- National Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) award: Most Supportive Dean of the Year (2007)
- Who's Who in the West
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- Outstanding Faculty of the Year (1994)
- Completed the Master Instructor Program (1998)
- Recognized for outstanding efforts in distance education (2000)
- Ph.D. Virginia Commonwealth University, 1998
- MBA Regent University, 1990
- M.A. Communication, Regent University, 1990
- B.S. Rochester Institute of Technology, 1975
- B.A. Psychology, University of Alaska, 1973