Corné Bekker, D.Litt et Phil.
Dr. Corné Bekker joined Regent University in 2005. He previously served as the associate dean for academics of Rhema Bible College in Johannesburg, South Africa and now as professor of biblical and ecclesial leadership for the School of Business & Leadership. Dr. Bekker leads the Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership Ecclesial Leadership concentration, teaches in the doctoral programs of the School of Business & Leadership and is actively involved in research on the use of biblical hermeneutics and spirituality to explore leadership. He is the editor of the Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership (JBPL) and the co-editor of Inner Resources for Leaders (IRL).
Dr. Bekker is an ordained minister and has traveled in Africa, Europe, the East and North America to present at churches, ministries, seminars and academic conferences on the subject of Christian spirituality and leadership formation. He has been an invited speaker to universities, seminaries and Bible colleges in the U.S. and abroad.
He served in South Africa on the board of the South African Council for Theological Education, was nominated to the Standards Generating Body for Theology and Ministry of the South African Qualifications Authority, and served on the Consultative Forum of the South African Council of Churches. Dr. Bekker also serves as the director for the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) of Regent University and was the 2010 recipient of the Chancellor’s Award. He resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with his wife and son.
- 2010: Chancellor’s Award, Regent University
- 2009: Chengyup Lectures, Methodist Theological University, Seoul, South Korea
- 2007: Regent University, School of Business & Leadership, Faculty of the Year Award
- 2006: Arby Carter Lectures, Heritage Bible College, Dunn, N.C.
- 2000: South African Council of Social Science Research Grant
- 1996: South African Council of Social Science Research Grant
- 1996: Rand Afrikaans University (Johannesburg) Merit Award
- 1992: Rand Afrikaans University (Johannesburg) Merit Award
- 1992: South African Council of Social Science Research Grant
- 1987: Mimi Coertse Music Award
- D. Litt. et Phil., Rand Afrikaans University, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2001
- M. A., Rand Afrikaans University, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1994
- Certificate, Cum Laude, Rhema Bible College, Randburg, South Africa, 1992
- B.A. Hons., Rand Afrikaans University, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1992
Biblical Studies, Cum Laude
- B.A., Rand Afrikaans University, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1991
Greek and Biblical Studies
- Certificate, Rhema Bible College, Randburg, South Africa, 1990
Ministerial Training, Cum Laude
- Member, Standards Generating Body for Christian Theology and Ministry of SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority), 1998-2005
- Member, Board of SACTE (South African Council for Theological Education), 1998-2005
- Member, Consultative Forum of SACC (South African Council of Churches), 1998- 2005
- Consultant to Christian organizations in the USA, UK, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan and South Africa, 2006-Present.
- Affiliate, Institute for the Study of Human Sexuality, Regent University, 2008-2009
- South African Society for New Testament Studies
- International Leadership Association