- When is the doctoral application deadline?
- Do your doctoral programs begin more than one time per year?
- How long does it take for an admissions decision to be made?
- Can I apply early and receive an admissions decision?
- Can I defer my application/acceptance?
- Do I need to request official transcripts from every educational institution I have attended?
- What are my financial aid options?
- What is the difference between the Ph.D. and DSL programs?
When is the doctoral application deadline?
Doctoral applicants may enter the program during one of three start terms: fall, spring or summer. View the application deadlines.
Can I apply early and receive an admissions decision?
Yes. Once your admissions file is complete, it will be sent to the Admissions Committee. The Committee usually reviews files for the upcoming semester, but will give an early decision, if warranted.
Do I need to request official transcripts from every educational institution I have attended?
Official transcripts that represent all college credits you have ever received are required by our regional accreditation, SACS, even if credits were transferred into another institution. Regent University may obtain your official college transcripts for you. Click here to find out how.
What are my financial aid options?
We recommend that you apply for school-based aid, federal financial aid (FAFSA) and privately funded scholarships to help you cover expenses. In order to apply for federal financial aid, you will need to fill out the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is located at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Once your FAFSA application has been submitted, you will receive notification from the Central Financial Aid Office (CFA) regarding the next steps to take. For additional information on financial aid options, please visit our financial aid web page. Regent University's federal aid school code is 030913.
What is the difference between the Ph.D. and DSL programs?
Our two doctoral programs, the Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership and the Doctor of Strategic Leadership, are designed to meet the unique needs of today's professionals and emerging leaders. Below is a brief description of each program to help you determine which one will help you fulfill your professional goals:
- The Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership is a terminal, research-based multidisciplinary degree that is designed to equip leaders to influence the field of leadership through think tanks, scholarly research, academia and influential positions. If you have an interest in the following, then we encourage you to consider the Ph.D. program:
- Teaching at the university or college level
- Scholarly writing and research
- Guiding others in the art of research, critical thinking and writing
- Developing and advancing leadership theories
- The Doctor of Strategic Leadership (DSL) is an applied multidisciplinary terminal degree designed to equip leaders and executives to comprehend and address the intricacies and challenges of organizational transformation. Our DSL program is best suited for those with an interest in:
- Training and consulting
- Strategic planning
- Leading teams through successful plan execution
- Identifying organizational needs and providing solutions