- Founded: 1978
- Unique campus culture:
Rigorous academics within faith-based context
- Enrollment (Fall 2016): 8,952
- Alumni (Dec. 2016): 21,373
- Degrees awarded (2016): 1,522
- Degrees and programs:
More than 95 graduate and undergraduate degrees available on campus and online
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 19 to 1
- Number of countries represented: 75
- Study Abroad opportunities:
England and France, with limited opportunities in countries such as Italy, Spain, Turkey and Israel.
Regent University is one of the nation's leading academic centers for Christian thought and action, with associate, bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees available worldwide. We offer affordable, high-quality degree programs, but what sets Regent apart is our mission to prepare men and women to excel both in mind and spirit. Our students, faculty and administrators share a calling, founded on biblical principles, to make a significant difference in our world.
- Regent University topped the list of Best Online Bachelor's Programs in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2017. It also ranked #1 among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in Virginia.
- Regent ranked among the top five Best Online MBA Programs in Virginia and Best Online Graduate Business Programs (non-MBA) in the state, according to U.S. News & World Report, 2017.
- Regent University is recognized nationally as one of only 25 universities in the U.S. to receive an "A" rating for comprehensive liberal arts curriculum by American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA). .
- Regent University School of Law's faculty were recognized among the Top 10 Faculty in the Nation by The Princeton Review, 2013, 2014 & 2015.
- Regent University School of Law's Moot Court team finished Top 2 Globally at the University of Oxford's Price Media Law Moot Court Programme (2013), competing against teams including the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge.
- Regent was named to G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazines' 2017 list of Top 10 Military-Friendly Schools.
- Regent University was recognized as the 3rd Safest College Nationally by NICHE, 2016.
- Regent University ranked 9th among the 25 Most Beautiful Christian Colleges and Universities in the South by Christian Universities Online, 2017.
- More than 715 Hampton Roads Teachers of the Year received their degrees or certificates from Regent's School of Education and the school has yielded a 95 percent pass rate in the School Leadership Licensure Assessment.
- Regent has been the recipient of more than 400 national and international film awards by the School of Communication & the Arts.
Leadership & Influence
When Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson, Regent founder and chancellor, established the university in 1978, he envisioned a high-caliber institution that would attract a leadership team that would be superior both in professional experience and academic credentials. Today, that vision is being fulfilled. Distinguished faculty and guest lecturers include John Ashcroft, former U.S. Attorney General; Vern Clark, former Chief of Naval Operations; Steve Forbes, president and CEO of Forbes, Inc. and others. Regent also exposes students to nationally covered events and speakers who are front and center on some of the most important issues of our time.