After graduating with his undergraduate degree, Dean Wooten worked as a senior auditor for Deloitte Haskins and Sells in Oklahoma, where he audited Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations. He worked several years as the controller for a recycling firm in Texas before moving to Virginia to study at Regent and eventually work as an employee. In his 15 years with the university, Wooten has advanced from his role as Regent's accounting manager to controller and now vice president for finance.
Wooten is a Certified Public Accountant. He is also a member of the Association of Business Administrators of Christian Colleges, the National Association of College and University Business Officers, and the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants.
He earned his MBA at Regent University and was awarded a B.S. in Accounting by Oral Roberts University.
Leadership in Finance:
- Responsible for establishing policies and procedures to ensure the proper safeguarding of university assets and the proper use of university funds.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the university's annual budget.
- Acts as liaison to the Board of Trustees for fiscal and administrative matters.
- Oversees the management of the university's endowment assets as the liaison with the university's endowment consultant and Investment Committee.
- Serves as liaison with external auditors conducting the annual audit of the university.
- Provides leadership and direction to the employees in Mail and Copy Services, Administrative Services, Purchasing, and the Business Office.