Admissions Guide for Army Active Duty, Reserve & National Guard Students
Step 1 - Set up GoArmyEd Account
- Go to www.GoArmyEd.com
- Click on New Users and follow directions
- Once username & password is assigned, log-in to portal
Step 2 – Contact yourACES Counselor to Complete the Following:
- Complete Annual Statement of Understanding (SOU)
- Declare Regent University as “home institution”
- Declare degree plan/major
Step 3 - Complete GoArmyEd Common Application*
- Click on My Virtual Education Center located on the left navigation bar
- Click on Before You Enroll in a Course
- Click on Complete/Update Common Application
You will receive an email containing a username and password to log in to Regent’s website and view your application checklist and status. A Regent admissions counselor will contact you. Please do not register for courses on GoArmyEd until you receive your admissions decision from the GAE portal.
Step 4 - Request All Previous Transcripts for Evaluation
Step 5 - Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOCAD) Agreement Issued
- Prior to completion of your first 6 credit hours at Regent, a military degree completion plan (SOCAD agreement) will be created for you, which will indicate all transfer and military credit utilized in your degree and what remaining courses must be completed before the degree may be conferred. The SOCAD agreement will be uploaded to your GoArmyEd eFile, which will assist you in creating your Course Planner in the GoArmyEd portal.
*Note: When completing the GoArmyEd common application, your degree of interest may not be listed among the choices in the drop down menu. If that is the case, please select "Other" and you will be prompted to type in the degree you wish to pursue. Please use the degree name listed on our website to ensure proper processing of your application.