Special Collections & Archives - Mission Statement
Special Collections & Archives collects, preserves, provides access to, and interprets resources relevant to Regent University history and culture along with other resources of interest to Regent University.
To carry out our mission, Special Collections & Archives pursues the following goals:
1) We aggressively collect and organize resources of enduring historical value pertinent to the history and culture of Regent University. These resources include paper records, university publications, correspondence, theses and dissertations, faculty publications, photographs, video and audiotapes, films and memorabilia.
2) We collect and organize resources of an archival or special nature relating to the programs, curriculum, and interests of Regent University schools, colleges, centers, and institutes. Subject concentrations originate from the research and education areas conducted at Regent University. The collections are composed of unique and rare resources created or accumulated by Regent University as well as by individuals and organizations external to the University. Areas of collection strength currently reflected in the University Special Collections & Archives include the following:
- Film History & Research
- Regent University History & Culture
- Pentecostal/Charismatic History & Research
- Pat Robertson Biographical, Political Resources & Ministry Activity
- Hymnals & Psalmody
- Scott Ross Biographical Resources, Broadcasting & Ministry Activity
- Christian Cartooning
3) We support the University Library and University public relations outreach with Special Collections & Archives resources and services.
4) We provide and improve access to the various collections and resources in Special Collections & Archives. Access includes, but is not exclusive to, the following means:
- Reading Room Public Service Hours
- Brochures & Guides
- World-Wide-Web Pages
- Inventories & Finding Aids
5) We provide research assistance to qualified scholars and others who use the Special Collections & Archives resources.
6) We apply preservation methods and procedures to preserve Special Collections & Archives resources.
7) We plan and arrange displays of Special Collections & Archives materials and other resources.