Services for Distance Learners
InterLibrary Loan & Document Delivery
Please see our InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad) webpage for details about the delivery services available to distance students (living outside the 757 area code).
Local Library Card Reimbursement
Distance students should always consider Regent University Library their primary library for requesting materials and research assistance.
Regent University distance students who live close to and utilize another academic library may be reimbursed for the cost of purchasing a library card to borrow books at that institution. The terms of this reimbursement program are as follows:
- Distance students may be reimbursed for one library card per academic year (July 1 to June 30).
- Maximum reimbursement limit is $100.00 per academic year.
It is the responsibility of distance students to obtain the following information, in order to make an informed decision:
- How long is the library card valid?
- How long may materials be checked out?
- What types of materials may be checked out (i.e. books, videos, etc.)?
- How many items may be borrowed at one time?
- What are the overdue policies of that library?
Distance students living in a large metropolitan area should consider whether other libraries' holdings are more relevant to their course of study.
Before purchasing a local library card...
- Please email Dorothy Hargett or call 757.352.4152 and inform her of the cost of the library card that is desired.
- When purchasing the library card, you must request a receipt. Please copy this receipt for your records.
- Please complete this Reimbursement Request Form and send it with the original receipt to the address on the form.
NOTE: Regent University Library will not pay for a local library card prior to purchase or contact another library for you.