Chili Bowl Championship and Tailgate
Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.
Mark your calendars now for the 9th annual Chili Bowl Championship and Tailgate to be held Saturday, November 3, 2012. The tailgate will begin at 1:00 p.m. and the championship game at 1:30 p.m.
Join the Regent community at Robertson Field for a time of fun, food, fellowship and football! Cheer your favorite team on to the championship while enjoying our 25¢ food menu. Bring the kids for face painting, cotton candy, inflatables and our Chili Cook-off.
Win one of three $100 Visa gift cards by participating in the first-ever Chili Bowl photo contest!
Take pictures at the event and submit them via email to email@example.com by Friday, November 10 to be eligible. Each contestant may submit up to two photos in each of the following categories:
1. School spirit
2. Football frenzy
3. Family fun
Rules: Each picture must be submitted as an attachment in its own email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pictures should be in between one (1) and two (2) megabytes (or approximately 1,800 by 1,200 pixels at 300 dpi). Each contestant may submit up to two photos in each category, a maximum of six pictures.
Picture(s) must be submitted by the respective photographer, not another party. By submitting your picture(s), you give the university the right to publish the pictures in Regent-affiliated marketing materials and invitations. Photo credit will be given when possible and pictures will not be sold for profit.
Submission Format: Send each picture to email@example.com following the below guidelines:
The subject line of the email must read: Chili Bowl Photo Contest: [Specific Category]
The picture should be attached and the body of the email must contain the following information:
1. The specific entry category of attached picture
2. Your name (first and last)
3. Your affiliation with Regent or CBN (student, alumnus, spouse, etc).
4. Your school and class year and/or your department
Deadline: All entries must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 10.
Winners will be announced by December 3.
Questions? Please contact Christi directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|12:45 a.m.||Chili Cook-off Judging|
|1:00 p.m.||Tailgate and Food Service Begin|
|1:30 p.m.||National Anthem|
|Coin Toss, Dr. M. G. "Pat" Robertson|
|2:00 p.m.||Half Time|
|Presentation of the Chili Champions|
|2:30 p.m.||Food Service Concludes|
|2:45 p.m.||Chili Bowl Trophy Presentation|
Tailgate Menu Regent Paraphernalia
|BBQ Chicken Sandwiches||50¢||Baby Bibs||$2.00|
|BBQ Pork Sandwiches||50¢||Clappers||25¢|
|Hotdogs with Chili||50¢||Pom Poms||10¢|
|Baked Beans||25¢||Picnic Blankets||$12.00|
|Cole Slaw||25¢||Chili Bowl Team T-Shirts||$8.00|
|Chili Cook-off Samples||25¢|
Regent University would like to extend special thanks to those who help make the annual Chili Bowl possible.
- Student Services, co-host
- Office of Alumni Relations, co-host
- Regent Undergraduate Council, sponsor
- Student Alumni Ambassadors, sponsor
- Liberty Mutual, Chili Cook-off sponsor
- Dr. M. G. “Pat” Robertson, chili judge and coin toss
- Dr. Carlos Campo, chili judge
- Roger Cheeks, director of community life and commentator
- Jamie Brennan, assistant director of activities & leadership
- Dan Attles, intramural sports coordinator
- Chef Dan Murphy and Regent Ordinary, catering and food service supervisor
- Duane Walker, flag football and chili cook-off registrations
- Facility Services, grill, setup, and much more
Photographs from Previous Years