Open Ministry Positions
If you have a ministry position you would like to post, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notify us as soon as the position is filled so we may remove it from this listing.
Position: Young Adult Ministries Director (Chesapeake)
Church: Oak Grove United Methodist Church
Date Posted: August 7, 2014
The Director of Young Adult Ministries is an individual who will initiate and support plans, activities and projects that are of particular interest to young adults (persons 18 - 30). This is a part time paid position. (10-20 hours per week)
- Must have a bachelor's degree.
- Possess accomplished skills in areas of Young Adult ministries.
- Previous experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Have an ability to work with everyday pressures of imposed deadlines and organizational abilities.
- Lead, supervise and participate in all young adult activities, seeking to expand and enlarge the program in every possible way.
- Participate in worship services weekly.
- Attend all staff meetings and meet with the Pastor when requested.
Oak Grove United Methodist Church
472 N Battlefield Blvd
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Position: Part-Time Youth Ministry Internship
Church: Riverside Baptist Church, Norfolk
Date Posted: July 23, 2014
Riverside Baptist Church in Norfolk is currently seeking a passionate individual who is looking for experience in youth ministry to work with our small but growing youth group. The individual we are looking for would have a vibrant and growing walk with Christ, filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit and an unwavering desire to see the youth of our community know Jesus and active in making Him known to their peers.
The position is a part-time internship, which could lead to a compensated staff position. The right individual would serve under the leadership of the pastor but would have broad parameters in ministering to our existing youth while reaching out to those youth who are farthest from Christ. We view this as a local mission opportunity for us and the individual God leads to join us in this effort.
If you are interested in learning more about our church you can find us on the web @ riversidebcnorfolk.org and on our facebook page linked to our website. If you would like to speak with the pastor regarding your interest in this position or simply to receive more information please feel free to contact Bryan Breland @ email@example.com or by phone @ (757)466-9461.
Position: Children's/Youth Leader Intern
Church: Bethel Worship Center
Date Re-posted: July 23, 2014
The Children's/Youth Leader Intern will be exposed to all aspects of leadership in youth ministry. He/she will need to build meaningful relationships with the students in our youth group. Bethel Worship Center's (BWC) youth ministry is primarily focused on building these relationships with our youth with leaders that model the Christian life and earn the right to be heard by individual kids as well as the entire group. The Intern will be responsible for developing and encouraging the youth in their walk with Christ and leading in grace and truth.
The Children's/Youth Leader Intern will be expected to help plan, coordinate and carry out ministry programs (e.g., organize games and other fun activities for kids, encourage and coordinate volunteer leaders in the ministries of the program, and prepare Biblical teaching that is relevant for where our students are in life).
Our hope is that through this program, our intern would:
- Develop as a Christian leader
- Gain valuable professional and work experience
- Contribute valuably to a critical ministry of Bethel Worship Center
The internship position runs for the course of the school year. The intern is expected to be here for at minimum one school year. The dates are somewhat flexible, but it is particularly important for the intern to be present and active in the life of the church.
To apply for the position please send your résumé (or list of ministry/job experience) to Pastor Shineka Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with a paragraph response to each of the following questions:
- Briefly share your understanding of Christian faith. What do you believe?
- How do you continue to grow in your relationship with God in Jesus Christ?
- How do Christian spiritual disciplines/practices affect your life?
- How do you understand "Salvation"?
- Why do you want to work as a BWC intern?
- What important gifts do you think you have to contribute to the ministry of BWC Youth?
- Please supply the names of two references who can speak to your character and relationship with God.
- Do you drive? Will you have a vehicle?
- Please supply all contact info (if not listed on resume).
Bethel Worship Center
Herman & Shineka Dixon, Pastors
3927 Poplar Hill Road
Chesapeake, VA 23321
Position: Youth Leader Intern
Church: Acts 2 Church
The Youth Leader Intern will be exposed to all aspects of leadership in youth ministry (grades 6-12). He/she will need to build meaningful relationships with the students in our youth group. Acts 2 Church places a priority on small-group ministry, concentrating on one-on-one relationship training, mentoring, and discipleship. The Intern will be responsible for developing and encouraging the youth in their walk with Christ and leading in grace and truth. The Youth Leader Intern will be expected to help plan, coordinate and carry out weekly group ministry programs, while developing individual relationships with the students.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- A demonstrated commitment to helping young people develop their personal spiritual relationship with Christ
- A willingness to commit to the mission and vision of Acts 2 Church.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship at Acts 2 Church.
- Direct all weekly activities of the youth ministry at Acts 2 Church.
- Set annual goals for the youth ministry that are in line with the church vision and conduct proper assessment of the goals on a regular basis.
This paid internship position is a year-round position. The intern is expected to be here for a minimum of two school years. It is also important for the intern to be present and active in the life of the church.
This part-time (10 hours/week) position pays $100/week.
To apply for the position please send your résumé (or list of ministry/job experience) to Pastor Bill Heffelfinger (email@example.com).
Position: Youth Minister
Church: Old Donation Episcopal Church
Date Posted: August 7, 2014
Ministry position open: Youth Minister for an active Episcopal Church in Virginia Beach. We have an active program serving youth in grades 6-12. Weekly meetings, some on campus, others for service or fun activities, Bible Study, relationship building, faith formation and communication with students and parents are elements of the job. Due to a marriage-related move, we have an open full-time position for youth minister, or we may use a couple part-time people as a team. Compensation will vary depending on how we structure the roles. If you have experience, spiritual maturity, passion for youth ministry, and desire, please submit a resume.
Contact us at Old Donation Episcopal Church, 4449 N. Witchduck Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23455.
Email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Randall, Rector