Open Ministry Positions
If you have a ministry position you would like to post, please email it to David Kleffman at email@example.com. Please notify us as soon as the position is filled so we may remove it from this listing.
Job Opening/ Ministry Opportunity
Position: Youth/Young Adult Director
Church: Foundry United Methodist Church (Virginia Beach, Virginia)
The position is based on 18-20 hours per week. Youth ministry or similar experience is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Reaching out to youth and young adults, along with an ability to evangelize and build these ministries, is vital to this position. The person should have experience working with youth (ages 11 to 18) and be able to connect with young adults (18-35). The candidate should have strong organizational and interpersonal skills along with a strong Christian faith and dedication to living a life of Christian discipleship. Please send cover letter and resume to FoundryUMC@FoundryUMCVB.org by November 19, 2013. See job description on the church website.
Position: Christian Education Coordinator
Church: Foundry United Methodist Church (Virginia Beach, Virginia)
The position is based on 10-15 hours per week. This position involves coordinating the educational programs within the church, recruiting volunteers to implement these programs, and growing disciples within the church. Please send cover letter and resume to FoundryUMC@FoundryUMCVB.org by November 19, 2013. See job description on the church website.
Position: Parish Administrator
Church: Galilee Church
Galilee Church in Virginia Beach is seeking an experienced professional to administer the business and daily operating functions of the church, supervise operating staff activities and coordinate and assist other ministries and functions. Functions include financial accounting, personnel, purchasing, property maintenance, record keeping and risk management. Position is full-time and includes healthcare and pension benefits.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3928 Pacific Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Position: Youth Leader Intern
Church: Acts 2 Church
The Youth Leader Intern will be exposed to all aspects of leadership in youth ministry (grades 6-12). He/she will need to build meaningful relationships with the students in our youth group. Acts 2 Church places a priority on small-group ministry, concentrating on one-on-one relationship training, mentoring, and discipleship. The Intern will be responsible for developing and encouraging the youth in their walk with Christ and leading in grace and truth. The Youth Leader Intern will be expected to help plan, coordinate and carry out weekly group ministry programs, while developing individual relationships with the students.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- A demonstrated commitment to helping young people develop their personal spiritual relationship with Christ
- A willingness to commit to the mission and vision of Acts 2 Church.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship at Acts 2 Church.
- Direct all weekly activities of the youth ministry at Acts 2 Church.
- Set annual goals for the youth ministry that are in line with the church vision and conduct proper assessment of the goals on a regular basis.
This paid internship position is a year-round position. The intern is expected to be here for a minimum of two school years. It is also important for the intern to be present and active in the life of the church.
This part-time (10 hours/week) position pays $100/week.
To apply for the position please send your résumé (or list of ministry/job experience) to Pastor Bill Heffelfinger (email@example.com).
Position: PASTOR OF WORSHIP & FINE ARTS
Church: Renaissance Community Church
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Renaissance Community Church. www.rencomchurch.com "Our vision is to be a healthy and reproducing church that in Christ develops the whole person to experience practical, authentic relationships in all areas of life."
Position Description: The worship pastor will be the "producer" of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the "director" in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor, in coordination with the worship planning team, will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the mission, Vision, and worship philosophy of RCC.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, i.e. has developed a music ministry over the past few years? College degree preferred.
- Keyboard and guitar skills.
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not necessarily mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a small or large church in worship.
- Skilled in choral, vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, video projection, graphic design and web-site development.
- Ability to incorporate other musical styles and art forms as needed.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship at RCC.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of RCC.
- In coordination with the Lead Pastor and the worship planning team, plan the corporate worship services of RCC. Through prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness, ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and drama or dance at RCC.
- Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services at RCC.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services at RCC.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship teams.
- Introduce our worship teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
Compensation: This is a full time position with a salary (24-34k) commensurate with experience and education. Contact: Email résumé to John O. McCloud at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Children's/Youth Leader Intern
Church: Bethel Worship Center
The Children's/Youth Leader Intern will be exposed to all aspects of leadership in youth ministry. He/she will need to build meaningful relationships with the students in our youth group. Bethel Worship Center's (BWC) youth ministry is primarily focused on building these relationships with our youth with leaders that model the Christian life and earn the right to be heard by individual kids as well as the entire group. The Intern will be responsible for developing and encouraging the youth in their walk with Christ and leading in grace and truth.
The Children's/Youth Leader Intern will be expected to help plan, coordinate and carry out ministry programs (e.g., organize games and other fun activities for kids, encourage and coordinate volunteer leaders in the ministries of the program, and prepare Biblical teaching that is relevant for where our students are in life).
Our hope is that through this program, our intern would:
- Develop as a Christian leader
- Gain valuable professional and work experience
- Contribute valuably to a critical ministry of Bethel Worship Center
The internship position runs for the course of the school year. The intern is expected to be here for at minimum one school year. The dates are somewhat flexible but it would be ideal for the intern to be here through July 2013. In particular, it is important for the intern to be present and active in the life of the church.
To apply for the position please send your résumé (or list of ministry/job experience) to Pastor Shineka Dixon (email@example.com) along with a paragraph response to each of the following questions:
- Briefly share your understanding of Christian faith. What do you believe?
- How do you continue to grow in your relationship with God in Jesus Christ?
- How do Christian spiritual disciplines/practices affect your life?
- How do you understand "Salvation"?
- Why do you want to work as a BWC intern?
- What important gifts do you think you have to contribute to the ministry of BWC Youth?
- Please supply the names of two references who can speak to your character and relationship with God.
- Do you drive? Will you have a vehicle?
- Please supply all contact info (if not listed on resume).
Bethel Worship Center
Herman & Shineka Dixon, Pastors
3927 Poplar Hill Road
Chesapeake, VA 23321
Position: Children's Pastor/Director
Church: Reality Church
Reports to: Administrative Pastor
Hours: Full time
Compensation: 18-30K annually based on experience. Reviewed every 6 months. Eligible for pay increase annually based on performance.
- Cell phone provided, if needed
- Computer provided, if needed
- Flexible hours
- One week vacation after first year
- Two weeks vacation thereafter
- Christ-centered with strong bible knowledge, faith and integrity
- A full understanding and passion for the Purpose Statement and Core Values of Reality Church
- An attitude to reach children in the community and enable them to become radically devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- A team player, ready to work together for the good of the church family, and able to receive critical feedback
- A servant heart, willing to serve the needs of the church community
Education and Experience:
- A two or four year degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- Experience in leading a Children's Ministry is preferred, but not required.
Leadership, oversight, and the continued growth and development of Adventure World, Reality's Children's Program (Birth-5th grade). This leadership will require excellent skills in vision casting, team building, and strategic planning. Duties include:
- Regular, consistent, and effective communication with parents concerning vision, direction, and activities
- Recruitment and retention, training, empowerment, and guidance for all volunteers
- Selection and implementation of curriculum
- Oversight for the Children's Program's set up and tear down process
- Development and maintenance of an effective and efficient Children's Program budget
- Involvement in Church events outside of the Children's Department
- Clear and consistent communication with volunteer staff defining expectations, roles, schedules, direction, and appreciation of service.
- Plan and organize children-specific activities in addition to the Sunday morning program.
- Plan for personal growth in Christ
- Passion for the four purposes of the Church (Connect, Grow, Serve, Go)
- Strong commitment to spouse and children (if applicable)
- Dedication to grow in personal leadership skills and people skills
- Work directly with the Administrative Pastor
- Participate in or lead one of our Journey Groups (small group ministry)
- Participation in weekly Staff Meetings for prayer/planning/discussion, etc.
- Participation in quarterly Leadership Intensives (equipping for all leaders)
- Participation in the annual Willow Creek Leadership Summit in August
- Regular and consistent participation on Sunday AM and other Services
- Vision for long-term ministry to disciple children through the growing up years and commitment to a long term ministry with Reality Church (minimum 2 years)
More about Reality Church
Reality stands on two pillars...to reach the Seeker and build the Believer. Our vision is "To reach the unchurched and empower them to become fully devoted Christ followers."
We currently have five groupings of children:
Infant - 18 months (Nursery)
18 months - 3 years (Toddlers)
3 & 4 year olds (Pre-K)
Kindergarten - 2nd Grades
3rd - 5th Grades
Current Staff serving:
Dave Daniels (Director of Media)
Andy Fantin (Audio)
Devin Peck (Media and Graphics)
Julie Sileo (Worship)
Steve Sileo (Lead Pastor)
Daniel Whitworth (Administrative Pastor)
Karl and Michelle Willke (Youth Pastors)
CONTACT: Email your résumé to DANIEL WHITWORTH at Daniel@realitychurch.com
Position: Teaching Minister
Church: Real Life Christian Church
Real Life Christian Church has begun its search for a full-time Teaching Minister. At Real Life we are about embracing the awesome, authentic, and genuine life Jesus speaks of in John 10:10. The Teaching Minister of Real Life Christian Church is responsible for the spiritual welfare, overall program, growth, and life of the church. The Teaching Minister will be required to provide spiritual leadership in all areas of evangelism and discipleship, which requires developing, communicating, and coordinating vision with the Elders, Executive Minister, and Staff. Below is a small sample of the duties required of this role. If you would like more information or to apply for this position, please email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an online application at www.real-life-online.org/jobs.
- Prepares and delivers sermons that are relevant, Biblical, seeker sensitive, and challenge both Christians and non-believers alike to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Ensures that overall weekly worship services are effective and on target regarding content, style, structure, and design.
- Meets weekly with the Worship Leader to critique prior worship services and to plan future worship services regarding music selection, transitions, humor, and atmosphere.
- Meets with video team as needed to explain future sermon series and themes, as well as to select service elements to be used.
- Suggests and assists with planning of special worship services such as Christmas, Easter, Children's/Youth Sundays, and other special programs and outside speakers with the objective of boosting morale and worship attendance.
- Works in cooperation with the Executive Minister to take initiative in recommending and implementing actions that fulfill the vision and mission of Real Life Christian Church.
Meets regularly with the elders of Real Life and acts as an ad hoc member.
- Ensures proper preparation of meeting agendas.
- Provides effective leadership of meetings by ensuring time is spent on important issues and minimizing time spent on minor issues and details.
- Schedules and leads an annual leadership retreat that educates and motivates elders and other leaders of the church regarding vision, mission, strategy, seeker sensitivity, what it means to be a "high impact" church, and other key matters.
Works with the Executive Minister to provide overall training, inspiration, and motivation of Real Life Christian Church staff to ensure that they are maturing in their faith, growing in their relationships with each other, and upgrading their skills.
- Schedules periodic staff retreats for training and developing better teamwork and closer working relationships.
- Works with Executive Minister to lead weekly staff meetings for planning and motivation; ensures opportunity for continuing nurture through presentation of devotionals and educational materials.
- Inspires staff to strive for high goals through their development and implementation.
- Maintains and improves working relationships with staff by periodically scheduling staff lunches, dropping in on their program events, and meeting with staff to personally review their ministry/program recommendations and results.
Works in cooperation with Elders and Executive Minister in developing strategic plan and vision for the future of Real Life Christian Church.
- Determines best opportunities for growth.
- Anticipates future staff requirements and recommends what positions should be filled, changed, and deleted, and in what sequence.
- Monitors church growth and recommends optimum timing and approach regarding future building plans.
- Takes proactive approach toward identifying problems or challenges and offers creative solutions for resolution.
Assists with maintaining a "high touch" ministry.
- Hospital calling.
- Reacts promptly to emergency/crisis situations.
- Conducts baptisms, weddings, and funerals as requested and needed.
- Greets people in sanctuary before and after worship services; intentionally lingers with people around the church.
- Schedules lunches with members and new people.
- Circulates at various church events, such as the men's Bible Study and youth and children's ministry events.
- Places phone calls and sends thank you letters as needed.
- Counsels as requested and refers to psychologists for more extensive counseling as needed.
- Provides leadership and input regarding development, approval, and implementation of annual Real Life Christian Church budget.
- Provides leadership and input regarding special projects and events, such as building committees and congregational meetings.
- Devotes some time to spiritual, mental, and physical development and well being through devotional time, study, and exercise.
- Participates in, and organizes community events to foster community relations and outreach.
Real Life Christian Church
900 Centerville Turnpike North