Regent University Campus Catering Procedure
Regent-Hosted Outside Group Events
The following procedures provide step-by-step instructions to event planners requesting the Regent Ordinary's catering services for their Regent-Hosted Outside Group event.
- Read the Regent University Campus Catering Policy.
- Determine if Regent University or the hosted outside group will be paying for the catering; determine if the event is more appropriate for Regent Ordinary catering or the Founders Inn.
- If Regent University is paying, obtain approval for catering services from your cost center manager. Work with Chef for Ordinary's catering; contact Kathy Ruley at 757.352.4849 for Founders Inn catering as she will negotiate best pricing with Founders Inn.
- If the outside group is paying, they will work directly with the Ordinary or Founders Inn. They will pay Founders Inn directly, but for Ordinary's charges, work with Administrative Services to have the charges added to the central invoice. If the outside group is paying for other facets of the event, those charges will also go on the central invoice.
If using the Regent Ordinary, submit the Catering Request Form for Regent-funded events; submit the Outside Group Catering Request form for all others. Please note the following:
- Request forms must be submitted to the Regent Ordinary three weeks prior to event date in order for the Ordinary to best serve the event.
- The estimated number of attendees is required at the time the request form is submitted. The final guaranteed count is due five days prior to event date.
- Indicate on the form whether the menu is flexible.
- After the form is submitted an automatic confirmation will be sent to the email provided.
The Ordinary will respond within three business days.
- The Ordinary will forward you a copy of your original catering request. Within the forwarded request form there is an additional section titled "Regent Ordinary Response" where they will indicate whether the event is 'accepted', 'accepted with modifications' or 'declined'.
- If 'accepted' or 'accepted with modifications' the event is placed in the Ordinary's master calendar and an estimated cost provided to you. If event is 'declined', a reason will be included for your information.
- For Regent-funded outside group events: at the conclusion of the event the Ordinary will determine the total cost to be charged to your budget cost center. Your original catering request will be forwarded back to you once again. The total cost information will be included in the section titled "Business Office" and copied to the Business Office so they can complete the interdepartmental transfer of funds.
- For Regent-hosted outside groups with the outside group paying for the catering, tax will be added, and payment is due by cash, check or credit card on the day of the event – no exceptions.
- If your request is declined by the Ordinary and the Founders Inn is not suitable for your event you may then use an outside caterer. Purchasing must approve all outside catering. A minimum of three comparative quotes/contracts/banquet orders are required. Please access the Purchasing website and contact the Purchasing department with any questions.