"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:35)
Someone once made the humorous statement, "Church would be a great place to go if it wasn't for all of the people." Scripture calls us to live in community with other Christians, but what makes this so difficult—and so important?
This lesson considers the potential for communities that foster spiritual growth and challenges us to develop authenticity, celebration, submission and humility as our contributions to the body of Christ.
- Open the PowerPoint or PDF for this lesson.
- Listen to Dr. Bekker's presentation below, following along on the PowerPoint/PDF.
- Use Neal's video comments (below, left) and "Doing the Stuff handout" to help you process further.
- Please provide your feedback.
- Share your reactions to the lesson and reflections in the Forum box below.
Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The Gift of Being Yourself by David Benner
The Bait of Satan by John Bevere
"The Admonitions of Francis of Assisi" (1181/2-1226 AD)
Your feedback is very valuable to us. Please fill out a two-minute survey.