A $25 late fee will be assessed on all first time graduation applications submitted past the deadline. Please wait 2 to 3 business days after submission of your application, then pay the appropriate fee either in Genisys or in person at the Business Office. Failure to pay the fee will prevent Regent from releasing transcripts or ordering a diploma/certificate.
For questions regarding your degree clearance, please contact your school/advisor. Once your school has completed your degree clearance audit, your paperwork is sent to the Registrar's Office for a final audit and to be posted.
The Registrar's Office is processing Summer 2012 graduation applications as quickly as possible. Degrees are usually posted within one week of receipt from the schools.
For important information concerning graduation requirements, please note the Regent University Graduation Policy, as described in the university catalog.
- The official date of graduation or certificate completion is based on the completion of degree/certificate requirements for each student and is determined by the semester in which the student completes all degree program requirements. The official graduation date is NOT based on when the student participates in commencement.
- There is one official university degree date per semester. Students who complete their degree requirements (dissertations must be bound and certified by the library) anytime within a semester will be given the official degree clearance date for that semester. Degrees are posted on or after the official university degree date for the semester. Please refer to the academic calendar for specific dates.
- Diplomas and certificates will be issued only after all graduation requirements have been met. This includes clearing any outstanding balance, library fine and/or parking fine.
- If a student is not cleared in the term for which the graduation application is filed, a new graduation application must be submitted for the subsequent term in which all requirements are met. The graduation fee, however, is only paid once.
*If you are an on-campus F-1 student visa holder, you must submit the F-1 Student Program Completion Form to the Office of International Student Services (OISS) at least 45 days prior to your graduation date. That form can be found here: http://www.regent.edu/admin/stusrv/iss/onlineform.cfm. For more information, contact the director of International Student Services at 352-4130.
Effective with the December 2007 graduating class, baccalaureate degrees with honors are conferred in accordance with the following cumulative grade point averages on work attempted at Regent University. GPAs are NOT rounded up:
Summa Cum Laude: 4.00 cumulative GPA
Magna Cum Laude: 3.95-3.99 cumulative GPA
Cum Laude: 3.85-3.94 cumulative GPA
The cum laude designations apply only to undergraduate candidates who have completed 50% or more of their coursework at Regent University. Candidates for Latin Honors will be designated in the Commencement and Commissioning programs according to final grades submitted by March 15. Official designations will be determined after all courses have been completed and grades submitted for the degree. These designations will be noted on the awardees' official academic transcripts and diplomas.
- Regent University diplomas and certificates will be issued and posted on transcripts only after all graduation requirements have been met. This includes clearing any outstanding balance, library fine and/or parking fine.
- One complimentary copy of your transcript will be sent to you when your degree is posted.
- Graduates must report any errors on their diploma within thirty days of receiving the diploma. If errors are not reported within this timeframe, graduates will be charged a replacement fee (see below).
- If your diploma has been lost or damaged, you may order a replacement diploma by submitting a Diploma Replacement Form to the Registrar's Office. The fee is $30 for diplomas issued after July 1, 2006 and $50 for replacement of a diploma issued prior to July 2006.
- Fees may be paid online through the Business Office website by selecting "Transcript Payment" under "Miscellaneous Payments" or by check or money order payable to:
Registrar's Office, SC 235
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23464