Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant (VTAG) Appeal Process
Students denied the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant may appeal to the State Council of Higher Education (SCHEV). The student must submit a letter of appeal (stating the reason for appeal) and supporting documentation.
State Grant Appeals to the State Council of Higher Education may be submitted to:
State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
Office of Student Financial Aid
2011-12 TAGP Appeals Committee
James Monroe Building
101 N 14th St.
Richmond, VA 23219
Upon request Regent University's Central Financial Aid office will submit documentation to SCHEV, including but not limited to:
- Copy of the VTAG application
- Date student's application was received
- Date the student started school
- Date the student moved to Virginia (as reported on the VTAG application)
- Dates of enrollment and number of attempted hours for each semester
- Copy of the institutional denial letter
SCHEV may also request documentation from the student, including but not limited to:
- Letter explaining case for approval
- Driver's license, car registration, voter registration
- Letter from employer, missionary agency, social workers, school officials, etc.
- Copy of Virginia resident income taxes for parents, spouse and/or student
- Copy of federal income taxes for parents, spouse and/or student
- Legal guardian documents
- Ward of court documents
- Custody documents
- Copy of DD-214, LES or Home of Record
More information about the TAG program is available on the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) website.