Regent University Endowed Scholarships Online Application
2014-15 Deadline is March 1, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Applications for the Endowed Scholarships are available online to all graduate, professional and doctoral students. Log into the MyRegent Portal and click on the Genisys tab. You will need your MyRegent ID and password in order to login. Once you have logged in to Genisys, please follow the directions below:
1) "Financial Aid"
2) "Online Financial Aid Forms"
3) "Endowed Scholarship Application"
4) Select 2014 - 15 Aid Year and click "Submit"
Once the deadline passes, the application will no longer be available in Genisys, and the Financial Aid office will not accept any more applications for the 2014-2015 academic year.
If you have forgotten your Login and Password/PIN, contact the IT Department at 757.352.4076 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for the Endowed Scholarships are available in paper-format for students without Student IDs and PINs only. Click here for the Miller Scholarship. If you need a paper application for the other Endowed Scholarships, please email Central Financial Aid, or call 757.352.4125.
- Complete and submit the application online in Genisys. You must be accepted for admission to Regent by the deadline. Applications submitted by prospective students who have not been accepted for admission by the deadline will not be considered.
- If applying for the Dooner Scholarship or Stallings Scholarship, you must obtain a letter of recommendation from your current priest/pastor on church letterhead and mail it directly to Central Financial Aid.
- If applying for the Miller Scholarship, you must have registered your disability with Regent University’s Office of Student Services prior to the deadline (Student Center 201, 757.352.4103).
- All application materials must be received by the Central Financial Aid Office by the deadline for consideration.
Students who have not received a Student ID and PIN may mail their original paper application and a photocopy to the following address:
Central Financial Aid
1000 Regent University Drive, SC 241
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
NOTE: Applications submitted to any address other than the one listed may not be received or considered. Faxed applications will not be considered.
- Students must reapply each year. Previous recipients are not guaranteed renewal.
- Recipients are selected by a scholarship committee composed of Regent staff and faculty.
- Some students may be contacted for an interview as part of the selection process.
Applicants submitting their applications by the deadline should receive notification by the end of May.
NOTE: Although not required for this scholarship, letters of recommendation from your pastor/priest and previous faculty members mailed directly to Central Financial Aid may add weight to your application’s consideration. If you choose to submit these, there should not be more than a total of three and they must be submitted prior to the deadline. Letters of recommendation from pastors/priests must be on official church letterhead.
IMPORTANT: Any Regent employee (current or future employee) eligible to receive the tuition remission benefit is not eligible to receive any endowed scholarships. If a student is awarded the scholarship referenced on this application and then becomes an employee eligible for benefits, the scholarship will be forfeited due to eligibility for the employee benefit of tuition remission.
Recipient Policy Information
- Recipients must be admitted and enrolled in a regular degree-seeking graduate, professional or doctoral program at Regent University.
- Recipients must be enrolled for at least six credit hours per semester (fall/spring/summer), unless in the final semester of their program. Classes for audit or "no credit" do not count as part of the six credits.
- The scholarship is effective beginning with the fall semester of the award year for which it is granted and is applicable through the following summer semester, provided all eligibility requirements continue to be met. Exceptions to this award period will not be considered in any situation!
- Students receiving the Azusa or Beazley Scholarship will be allowed a book stipend each fall, spring and summer semester based on the following schedule: nine or more credits: $300; six - eight credits: $150. The stipend will be credited to the student's account.
- Recipients must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) each semester. This includes the successful completion of at least six credit hours each fall, spring and summer semester to receive the award in any remaining semesters within the academic year of the award.
- Renewal of the award from one academic year to another is not automatic, nor is it guaranteed. Students must reapply each year by the announced deadline to be placed in consideration for selection as an Endowed Scholarship recipient in that subsequent year.
- The number of recipients selected each year is based upon the pool of applicants and funding available. The selection process is highly competitive. The awards are limited and vary each year.