FAFSA Aid - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Submitting the FAFSA on the web is the fastest way to apply for federal student aid. You will get your result 7 to 14 days faster than if you mail in a paper application. This page has been designed to help you prepare for submitting the FAFSA on the web. Please read the tips before you submit the FAFSA on the web. You can connect to the FAFSA on the web at the bottom of this page. Regent University's FAFSA school code is 030913.
All students filing out a FAFSA on the web need to first request a PIN . The PIN is the identifier to let you access personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems. The PIN is required to submit the online Renewal FAFSA or to make online corrections to your FAFSA.
Items Necessary to complete the FAFSA:
- Your Social Security card and driver's license
- Your income tax return
- Your W-2 forms
- Untaxed Income Records (i.e.: Social Security Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, veteran's benefits)
- Current bank statements, records of stocks, bonds and other investments
- Business or farm records (if applicable)
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen) You will need income records for the year prior to when you start school.
- FAFSA Information 2011 - 12 (Academic Year August 2011 - July 2012) Provide tax data from the 2010 tax year.
- FAFSA Information 2012 - 13 (Academic Year August 2012 - July 2013) Provide tax data from the 2011 tax year.
Helpful Hints to Apply for Federal Financial Aid:
- Save your FAFSA: Save your application frequently using the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen. That way, if you lose your Internet connection, you'll have a copy of the FAFSA data you've already entered.
- Get Help: To get an index of help topics, click on the Help button. For more information call 1.800.4.FED.AID.
- Don't Erase Your Form: Use the "Exit" button with caution. Selecting this button and answering "OK" to the prompt that appears will erase every answer on your FAFSA.
- Print Help Topics: To print the text for a help topic or a Frequently Asked Question, open the help window then:
- For Windows users, press the Ctrl and P keys at the same time.
- For Mac users, press the command and P keys at the same time.
- Sign your Application: If you print the signature page, you need to sign it and mail it. If you have stated that you want to electronically sign your application you need to obtain a PIN.
- Submit Your Application: Be sure to click the "Submit" button. You will be taken to a new web page that confirms your submission and gives you a confirmation number.
Frequently Asked FAFSA Aid Questions:
Q: Does it matter if I type my answers in upper-or lowercase letter?
A: No. All letters will be converted to uppercase when you submit your FAFSA.
Q: Should I leave financial questions blank, enter 0 (zero) or N/A?
A: If a financial question doesn't apply to you, you can either leave it blank or enter 0 (zero). Do not type N/A into the answer field.
Q: If my answer to a financial question includes cents, do I round off to the nearest dollar, or do I include cents in my answer? What about commas?
A: No. Do not enter a decimal point or cents. Instead, round off your answer to the nearest dollar and type in this amount. Do not enter commas.