Bar Examination & Law Study Loans
The Bar Examination/Study Loan is a potential resource available to assist in
meeting costs associated with preparation for and taking the Bar Examination upon graduation from law school.
The eligibility requirements for submitting an application vary by lender. Refer to chart below for a list of lenders that offer study/exam loans.
1. The Bar Examination/Study Loan is a private loan and requires that the student meet credit and other eligibility requirements of the lender.
2. You must apply directly with the lender of choice for the bar loan. Central Financial Aid will certify the loan once a request is received from the lender.
3. You may receive a loan from more than one lender but your loans will not be certified for more than $15,000 total.
4. You cannot be in default on any education loan or owe a refund on an education grant.
5. Checks are made payable to you and mailed to your current mailing address as reported on the application.
|Sallie Mae||$1,000 - $15,000||Must be enrolled at least half-time in your final year or have graduated within the last 12 months; must sit for the bar exam no later than 12 months after graduation; US citizen or non-citizen permanent resident w/o conditions; must meet current credit and other eligibility criteria|
|Wells Fargo||$12,000||Current Wells Fargo/Wachovia Customer; be in final year of law school or graduated within past 30 days; positive established credit history; US citizen, US National or permanent resident alien|
|PNC||$1,000 - $15,000||Enrolled at least half-time with less than six months remaining until graduation or have graduated in the last six months|
|Fifth Third Bank||$1,000 - $15,000||Must be enrolled at least half-time in your final year or have graduated in the last 12 months; must be sitting for the bar exam no later than 12 months after graduation; must be a US citizen or non-citizen permanent resident without condition; must me current credit criteria & other eligibility criteria|
Submit your comments or suggestions to the Webmaster.