Card A: $1,500 (Single) $10,000 (Monthly)
The Regent University purchasing card (Card A) program is a fast, flexible alternative for processing small dollar value purchases (less than $1,500), from suppliers that accept MasterCard credit cards. The purchasing card will enable an employee to purchase non-restricted goods and services directly from suppliers without issuance of a Purchase Requisition form or Purchase Order or by purchasing items using personal funds and requesting reimbursement.
All cardholder requestees are required to read, be familiar with, and adhere to the policies and procedures contained within the Purchasing Card Cardholder Guide.
To obtain a purchasing card the following steps must be satisfied:
- Read the Purchasing Card Cardholder Guide.
- Complete the Cardholder Guide Evaluation. This completed form is required for training.
- Complete the Purchasing Card Application. (All applications are subject to approval by Purchasing and Accounts Payable.) Please Do Not submit an application without first reading the Cardholder Guide.
- The purchasing department processes the application and receives the credit card from JPMC. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for the credit card to arrive from JPMC Bank.
- The program administrator notifies cardholder and schedules a training session. Training includes policy and procedure overview and online reconciliation and is required for all cardholders before the card is issued. Cardholder must bring the completed Evaluation form to training.
- Following training the cardholder will sign a Cardholder Agreement acknowledging compliance to the program. The purchasing department will retain this form for their records.
- Credit card is issued to Cardholder.
With the completion of the Application process, a purchasing card will be issued in the name of the applicant. This card is for university business purposes only and may not be used for any personal transactions.
Review and Reconciliation of Monthly Statement
All cardholders are required to reconcile their statement online through the JPMC software called Smart Data Online (SDOL). The Cardholder Placemat provides instructions for online reconciliation. For processing instructions please see the Purchasing Card Cardholder Guide. Cost center managers may only approve expenses pertaining to their own department. If expenses are shared between cost centers, written approval via email authorizations must be obtained from the cost center manager of the cost center indicated on the statement summary.