More About Regent University
The combination of committed leaders and diligent students at Regent has produced alumni who occupy strategic positions in a multitude of venues worldwide. As we continue to nurture a vibrant academic community fully engaged in excellence, integrity and innovation in every sphere, Regent stands ready to equip a new generation of Christian leaders to change the world.
Discover the Regent Difference:
- Founded in 1978 and located on 70 acres in Virginia Beach, Va., Regent consists of seven graduate schools and one undergraduate school
- Top 10: Best Online Bachelor's Programs, #1 in Online MBA Faculty Credentials & Training, and Highly Ranked Best Online Education and Business School Programs by
- Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associates, baccalaureate, masters, doctorate degrees and professional and continuing education certificates
- Regent University is recognized nationally as one of only 22 universities in the U.S. to receive an "A" rating by ACTA.
- In 2011, Regent was ranked the top online Christian university by the Online Education Database.
- The university offers more than 50 graduate and undergraduate degrees on campus and online, with approximately 17,105 alumni as of June 2013.
- Regent was named a Top Conservative College in 2010 and was named to G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazines' 2013 list of Military-Friendly Schools.
- More than 500 Hampton Roads Teachers of the Year received their degrees or certificates from Regent's School of Education and the school has yielded a 95 percent pass rate in the School Leadership Licensure Assessment.
- Regent has been the recipient of more than 300 national and international film awards by the School of Communication & the Arts.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received an 85 percent match rate for Psy.D. student internships in 2011, well above the national average.
- Regent offers international study programs in England, France, Italy and Israel.
- Four university faculty members have been named Fulbright Scholars.
Nationally Recognized Graduates
- Virginia's 71st Governor, Bob McDonnell '89
- Representative of Virginia's 2nd District, Scott Rigell '90
- Louisiana State Senator, Sharon Weston Broome '84
- Senior Founding Pastor of Calvary Revival Church and Presiding Bishop of Calvary Alliance Churches, B. Courtney McBath '98
- Chief Counsel of the American Center for Law and Justice, Dr. Jay Sekulow '04
- National Middle School Principal of the Year, Sharon Byrdsong '08
- National School Board Association Black Caucus's Educational Leadership Award and National Milken Award Winner, Doreatha White '01
- Virginia's Preserve America History Teacher of the Year, Molly Gunsalus '02
- Nation's first Assistant Secretary of Labor by Presidential nomination and U.S. Senatorial confirmation, Lisa Kruska '89
- Screenplay writer for The Ultimate Gift released nationally, Cheryl McKay '95
- Winner of American Bar Association's 2007 Negotiation Competition, succeeding Harvard
- Winner of American Bar Association's 2006 National Moot Court Championship, previously won by Yale
- Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) team named SIFE USA Regional Champion
- Two SBL alums serving as university presidents
- Founder of the Asia Minor Research Center and the Seven Churches Network in Izmir, Turkey, Mark Wilson
Regent's Vision - A Leading Global Christian University
From its inception, Regent University's focus has been on transforming the world. The motto of the school, Christian Leadership to Change the World, points to our desire to impact lives across the globe. Regent is accomplishing this vision by consistently delivering excellent, Biblically grounded graduate and undergraduate programs both online and on campus in order to prepare Christian leaders for lives of significant purpose and service. With the university's stature as an institution of excellence ever increasing, we humbly but expectantly move to an even higher level of academic quality and global influence.
To be the most influential, Christian, transformational university in the world.
We aspire to this vision as defined by these specific attributes and measured collectively.
Regent University serves as a center of Christian thought and action to provide excellent education through a Biblical perspective and global context equipping Christian leaders to change the world.
These values are central to Regent and have guided it since its founding:
Regent University has as its focal point the teachings, practices and person of Jesus Christ, and fosters a trans-denominational environment.
Regent University will be recognized for its excellence in education, scholarship, service and workplace environment.
Regent values authentic, servant leadership and seeks to equip leaders to have a global impact.
University Chancellor: Dr. M. G. "Pat" Robertson
Our nation and our world are faced with tremendous challenges - challenges that sometimes can seem insurmountable. But know this: the plans of God are steadfast and unshakeable. God is doing remarkable things through those who desire to serve Him.
This is why I founded Regent University - to provide passionate individuals with a place to sharpen their skills and prepare them to help transform the world through Christian leadership.
Regent University is an academic environment where Christian leaders are taught to discern and respond to the times. Through the years, we have created a university that is a leading center for Christian thought and action. Our graduates are servant leaders who are providing godly solutions to many of the challenges we face as a society. Read More>>