Online Certificate: Project Management
October 4, 2013
Successfully implement your next major project with the skills from a certificate in project management. Alleviate common mistakes of project implementation and learn proven methods that will ensure your success. The Project Management Certificate program will prepare you to help your organization thrive throughout the process of change and achieve desired results. This series of courses and modules is designed to provide the project manager with the principles, tools and techniques to deliver successful projects on target, on time, and on budget.
Register for New October 4, 2013 Session >
Register for August 1 Session Courses >
Pay Remaining Balance >
As business management increases in complexity and as budgets get tighter, the discipline of project management becomes increasingly instrumental to delivering successful projects within budgets, on time, and with the expected results or outcomes. The practical and tested 32 Project Management Life Process presented in ‘PROJECT MANAGEMENT PRACTICES’ consists of three segments (or ‘Squares’) - as previously described - designed to address the Project Management Life Cycle and highlight the key principles and tools of sound project management practices.
This Certificate Program is taught by a PMP certified instructor. The PMP Exam Prep is recognized and endorsed by PMI. The Project Management Institute. The Project Management Institute is recognized and accepted internationally. Therefore the PDUs earned through this program are also accepted internationally.
The certificate courses include the following topics:
- CPC081 - A Proactive Perspective on Project Management
- CPC082 - Projects, Customers and Vision Alignment
- CPC083 - Managing the Project Management Life Cycle
- CPC084 - The Leadership Dimension of Project Management
- CPC085 - Taking the Next Step and Getting Certified
The certificate course descriptions:
CPC081 - A Proactive Perspective on Project Management
CPC082 - Projects, Customers and Vision Alignment
We never seem to have the time to do it right, but we always have the time to do it over! Although often neglected, the highly critical project conceptualization phase sets the stage for success. During these two courses students will learn how to establish a project’s value and communicate its scope by answering the ‘what’, ‘why’, ‘how’ and ‘how much’ of each project. Students will discuss the drivers of project failure; Review and discuss the project’s “Triple Constraints;” Discuss the purpose of a “Project Charter” and a “Project Overview Statement;” Develop a “Work Breakdown Structure;” Explore the brainstorming ‘best practice’ of mind-mapping in developing a WBS; and Develop a “Needs/Requirements Matrix” among other things.
CPC083 - Managing the Project Management Life Cycle
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail! The planning stage of any project is crucial to its on-going progress and successful completion. Skip it at your own risk! During this course students will learn to place important project(s) “under the microscope” and perform a careful analysis of activity sequencing (‘in what order’) so that - as a Project Manager - they can efficiently organize work flow, carefully assign resources, delegate work, and describe work assignments (‘who is doing what’) and precisely schedule (‘when’) resources and deliverables. Students will learn to establish sound precedence between tasks; estimate duration of the tasks; develop and learn to read a 'network diagram;" identify the "Critical Path;" develop a "Gantt Chart;" and discuss risk and baseline management among other things.
CPC084 - The Leadership Dimension of Project Management
Whether you’re a novice or an expert, even the best laid plans never go according to plan! As a Project Manager, you will find yourself launching projects and motivating your ‘troops’ answering the question: ‘Are we ready?’ You will also find yourself managing stakeholders and clarifying expectations. You will ask the most vital question as related to the on-going success of your project: ‘How are we doing?’ as you consistently and methodically monitor and measure performance. ‘What now?’ is another question you might ask as you find yourself having to modify plans, shuffle resources, change targets, negotiate support, analyze reports, adjust budgets, share options (rather than problems), and communicate constantly. A well-planned project execution phase will allow you to avoid “scope creep”, manage the unexpected, and keep your team on track. Tangible skills students will learn include; launching a project according to key guidelines, ‘Earned Value Management’ as a performance reporting standard; how to minimize the unexpected - maximize on opportunities; Scope Ceep and change Control Systems; how to close a project appropriately; and how to lead meetings among other things.
CPC085 - Taking the Next Step and Getting Certified
During this course the instructor will teach students what they have to do to prepare for the Project Management Institute certification exam.
Participants will learn to:
- Recognize the early signs of trouble and understand the most common reasons for project trouble
- Leverage the most underrated skill in project management--asking questions
- Follow a valuable, practical and applicable process to 'project manage' efficiently as well as recover from project troubles
- Acquire the knowledge and understanding to readily apply the tools and techniques of sound project management best practices
- Apply the project leadership principles that ultimately will make the difference
$299 per Course
$1,495 for the entire certificate
PMP® Exam Prep: Price not included in the certificate cost. | Call 757.352.4650 for more information.
Continuing Education Units
CEUs per course: .7
Total Certificate CEUs: 3.5
Total Certificate PDUs: 35
Program Schedule - New Section - October4, 2013 to February 25, 2014
- CPC081 - A Proactive Perspective on Project Management: October 4 - November 1, 2013 | The October 4, 2013 session is 6:30pm to 9:30pm Eastern Standard Time via live streaming. The instructor will send students instructions for accessing the live session. It will also be recorded and added to the Blackboard learning platform for those who wish to watch it on their own time.
- CPC082 - Projects, Customers and Vision Alignment: November 4 - 29, 2013
- CPC083 - Managing the Project Management Life Cycle: December 4, 2013 - January 1, 2014
- CPC084 - The Leadership Dimension of Project Management: January 4 - February 1, 2014
- CPC085 - Taking the Next Step and Getting Certified: February 4 - 25, 2014
Program Schedule - August 1, 2013 Section
- CPC081 - A Proactive Perspective on Project Management: August 1, 2013 | 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time via live streaming. Students will be sent instructions for accessing the live session. It will also be recorded and added to the Blackboard learning platform for those who cannot attend the live session and wish to watch it on their own time.
- CPC082 - Projects, Customers and Vision Alignment: September 9, 2013 - October 4, 2013
- CPC083 - Managing the Project Management Life Cycle: October 10, 2013 - November 1, 2013
- CPC084 - The Leadership Dimension of Project Management: November 10, 2013 - November 29, 2013
- CPC085 - Taking the Next Step and Getting Certified: December 2, 2013 - December 20, 2013
Discover the Regent Difference
- $299 per course (hundreds less than other universities). Students may pay per course.
- Taught entirely online.
- Taught by a PMP Certified Instructor with extensive field experience.
- No application process. No registration fees.
Franck J. Gerard, PMP®
Franck J. Gerard's expertise in areas such as Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Change Management and Project Management has brought him in front of hundreds of professionals and executives. He has shared these strategies with prestigious companies for more than 15 years including Western Union Financial Services International, Platts, J.D. Power & Associates, Standard and Poor's, JP Morgan Chase, and Coty, Inc. Through his corporate experience and graduate education, Franck makes valuable contributions in providing consulting services and delivering professional development initiatives. He has traveled extensively in the United States and around the world, equipping his clients to perform with great efficiency and effectiveness.
This Certificate Program and the PMP® Exam Prep are recognized and endorsed by PMI — The Project Management Institute. Franck Gérard with ABC Consulting Group International, LLC., and its strategic alliance partner are designated Registered Education Providers.
If you have any questions, please contact Regent University Professional and Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 757.352.4650.