This certificate program is designed for beginning-to intermediate-level managers or entrepreneurs ready to launch new ventures, or who want continued growth in existing businesses. It is led by internationally respected experts, including faculty from Regent’s School of Business and Leadership, experienced international business leaders and executive coaches. This certificate promotes a greater understanding of entrepreneurial business management and the keys to successful business practice.
The certificate courses include the following topics:
- CPC0310 - Principles of Entrepreneurship and the Purpose of Business
- CPC0320 - Customers, Consumers and Hiring the Best Employees
- CPC0330 - Accounting for What You Do
- CPC0340 - Producing Quality Goods and Services
- CPC0350 - Taking Your Business Plan to the Bank
***Participants must complete all five courses to obtain the certificate, but any one course may be taken individually.
The Certificate Course Descrptions:
CPC0310 - Principles of Entrepreneurship and the Purpose of Business
Entrepreneurs are known idea people. But even they need to know the steps to focus their thoughts to make their businesses successful. In this course you’ll not only learn how to identify the businesses you want to open in the future, but also the creative/innovative ways to make them successful. There are proven principles of successful entrepreneurship that you’ll learn so you’ll be able to explain them to stakeholders. Certainly a business is more than just a way for you to make money. Our instructors will show you how it can also be a means of improving the lives of customers, consumers, employees, stakeholders, owners and the community at large.
CPC0320 - Customers, Consumers and Hiring the Best Employees
Did you know there’s a difference between customers and consumers in business? Through this course you’ll learn why it’s so important to differentiate that. Instructors will teach you the importance of communicating differently to the various market segments and how the six P’s and six C’s of marketing play such a critical role in success. You’ll learn the difference between marketing objectives, marketing strategies, and marketing tactics among other important elements of this topic. Plus you’ll learn the best way to do interviews to be in accordance with human resource laws and regulations. Our experts will teach you the essential components to successful HR procedures.
CPC0330 - Accounting for What You Do
Oftentimes new entrepreneurs have some knowledge of accounting but usually not enough. This course teaches students how to build cash-flow, profit-loss, and balance statements, why the double-entry bookkeeping system is beneficial, how debits and credits work and the three types of depreciation.
CPC0340 - Producing Quality Goods and Services
One of the most important elements in growing a successful business is to provide quality goods and services. Through this course students will learn the important steps for doing that. They include the following: Developing a quality measurement method for the product/service; Understanding incremental quality improvement; Developing a system for feedback from customers and consumers to measure quality; and the key safety regulations that apply to the product/service as well as the workplace.
CPC0350 - Taking Your Business Plan to the Bank
All new businesses need funding to launch. During this course instructors will teach how to create a business plan that bankers/investors will support and be willing to fund. This will include how to strategically plan for the future of your business in a way that will help you navigate the market successfully. Since this is the final course of the certificate instructors will also tie together all the lessons from the previous courses to ensure students leave with solid foundation for starting their new ventures.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who hopes to start a business, grow a new division, unit, or product in an existing business, or who wants to change the focus of a company. Aspiring entrepreneurs, junior and mid-level managers, and those seeking basic business skills.
Overall Participants will Learn:
- What it takes to lead a sustainable business into the future
- The role business plays in the economy, for stakeholders, communities etc.
- Basic marketing skills, and strategies for managing a successful company
- Ensuring people are well positioned, developed, managed, motivated etc.
- Building cash-flow and profit-loss statements, and balance sheets
- Balance appetites for expansion, new ventures or projects with quality and risks
- Developing, introducing, presenting ideas to management or investors
Program Participants Will Learn Per Course:
- CPC031 - Principles of Entrepreneurship and the Purpose of Business
1. What it takes to lead a sustainable business into the future
2. The role business plays in the economy, for stakeholders, communities etc.
3. Understand how innovation contributes to entrepreneurship.
- CPC032 - Customers, Consumers and Hiring the Best Employees
1. Basic marketing skills, and strategies for managing a successful company
2. Ensuring people are well positioned, developed, managed, motivated etc.
3. How to make effective hiring decisions.
- CPC033 - Accounting for What You Do
1. Building cash-flow statements.
2. Understand profit-loss statements,
3. Explain and analyze balance sheets
- CPC034 - Producing Quality Goods and Services
1. Balance appetites for expansion, new ventures or projects with quality and risks.
2. Learn about production efficiency.
3. Understand the concepts of lean production.
- CPC035 - Taking Your Business Plan to the Bank
1. Developing, introducing, presenting ideas to management or investors.
2. Refine a completed business plan.
3. Get expert business plan feedback.