BRILLIANCE @ WORK: Smarter Communication, Coaching, & Culture Shaping Skills
Date & Location:
Date: July 11, 2012
Time: 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Regent University, Classroom Building (CRB) 107
Directions: For Directions and Maps click here
Open to the Public with Registration
Working examples and models of successful leaders, consultants, and coaches are presented and demonstrated to enable participants to engage challenging interpersonal and organizational opportunities with new perspectives and resources. Participants will experience breakthrough communication insights, develop interpersonal competencies for conflict solving and team building, and acquire innovative coaching methods for themselves and the people they lead and manage. The results from this interactive and informative day will be highly transferrable to the workplace environment for increased morale, motivational buy-in, and personal and departmental performance.
Key Employee Benefits:
- Increase of competence in emotional, relational, cultural, and vocational intelligence.
- Confidence to design new approaches to complex challenges in the workplace.
- Best professional practices distilled for immediate use for busy executives.
- Strengthening of self-awareness and self-management initiatives and responses to minimize conflict and maximize collaboration.
- New tools, resources, and assessments to use in the workshop first so that they can be used successfully on the job.R.O.I. for employee and customer interactions.
Benefits to the Employer Who Sends Their Employees:
- Greater confidence in delegation success as leaders lead with new perspectives.
- Minimizing of inter-personal and inter-departmental conflicts as creative and innovative methods are put into practice.
- Employee significance and work passion are increased and sustained.
- Customer relations are enhanced with new “best practices” designed and delivered.
- Better and brighter people attracted to be part of the company’s story .
Executives, Managers, Trainers, Consultants, Coaches, Ministry Leaders, Supervisors, Department Heads, HR leaders
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply proven communication models for workplace results
- Develop innovative approaches for tough issues and direct reporting
- Analyze models of communicating that fit your organization
- Assess ways to shift the attitudes and atmosphere of employees
- Demonstrate creative ways to increase vocational and workplace cultural intelligence
- Communication Theory
- Organizational Change
- Conflict Intervention
- Emotional Intelligence
- Cultural Sensitivity
8:30am - Registration Table Opens - Refreshments
9:00am - Assessing Your Brilliance @ Work
10:15am - Smarter Communications for Brilliance @ Work
11:30am - Smarter Leadership for Brilliance @ Work
12:30pm - Working Lunch (Included)
1:15pm - Models & Case Studies
2:30pm - "Life by Meeting" Brilliance
3:45pm - Personal and Organizational Development Plans for Brilliance @ Work
4:20pm - Questions
4:30pm - Dismiss
Dr. Joseph Umidi serves as Professor at Regent University for the past 25 focused on Leadership Development. Over the last twelve years he established an award-winning curriculum to transform leaders and their organizational cultures in business, government, and education that is now being used in 22 countries and twelve languages. As founder and president of Lifeforming Leadership Coaching, Inc., he and his certified consultants and coaches have established training centers in key cities in the U.S and abroad that design tailor-made training processes for sustainable change, innovative perspectives on visioning and decision making, and creativity in the workplace. He has authored numerous articles and books dealing with Personal, Leadership, Organizational, and Community Transformation and is working in community and international transformation strategies with several organizations in the developing nations. He is married to Marie, Founder & President of TMCJ, Inc. an international Arts non-profit, and the delighted grandparents of three grandchildren.
•Doctor of Ministry degree with 27 years at Regent University
• Founder/President of Lifeforming Leadership Coaching in twenty-tree countries and twelve languages
• Author of four books, numerous articles and manuals on authentic personal and leadership development
• Director of a network of regional churches and international missionaries
Recent Training Summary
• Millennium-Copthorne Hotel Group for customer-service excellence with 450 managers and 4700 employees.
• Stefano Construction Organization for creative approaches to team building with 6 U.S. centers.
• Virginia State government workers for Gang Prevention training curriculum with 14 community partners and two universities.
• South African government leaders for leadership mentoring for HIV-Aids prevention
• World-Vision international for organizational innovation
• Department of Education for Superintendent Management excellence in Singapore
We understand that some workshop, seminar, and conference participants will be traveling to attend our events. To assist you in locating lodging information please click here.
Please have your payment ready prior to beginning the registration.
||Register and Pay Online|
| Professional / General
|Current Regent University Student (ID Required at event)||$119|
You may pay by credit/debit card or by eCheck (EFT). (Please review our Returned eCheck policy)
Card Payments Accepted: Master Card, Visa, Discover, & Debit Cards backed by MasterCard, Visa, or Discover.
Please be advised that this event is being taped/recorded for future use, including, but not limited to, broadcast via media (television, internet) for possible viewing by the public. Most workshop recordings are used for registrants of the School of Psychology and Counseling's online continuing education courses. Your participation in the event constitutes your consent to Regent University to such taping or recording and the use of your image and voice at this event for all purposes now or in the future. We do not provide access to workshop recordings to workshop attendees.
Web address: http://www.regent.edu/psychology/ce
Toll Free: 800.373.5504
Director of Professional and Continuing Education
Professional and Continuing Education Program
School of Psychology & Counseling
1000 Regent University Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA 23464