Real Talk Training - Interactive Training on Professional Core Coaching Values & Skills for Leaders
Course Fee: $29.95
Access: Course is available for 30 days after registration
Do you want to learn how to avoid the #1 killer of authentic communication? Have you ever had an awkward moment while talking to another person and needed a key word to keep it going? If you want to learn how to jumpstart a conversation with anyone and receive a positive response instead of a reaction, then this is the workshop for you!
The Real Talk Training (RTT) is designed to train leaders in effective interpersonal communication skills. RTT is an interactive experience including demonstration, practice and constructive feedback. RTT Seminar equips attendees to use professional coaching techniques to revolutionize their everyday communcations. RTT provides interactive training in listening for the deeper meaning, asking questions to open others up and solving problems permanently by not giving advice. You’ll learn ways to get a response instead of a reaction, how to jumpstart a significant conversation with anyone, and how to avoid the #1 killer of authentic communication. For psychologists, counselors and mental health professionals this training opportunity will provide tools to enhance communication skills within the workplace and in sessions with clients. Don’t miss this opportunity to unlock sustainable change in your ability to communicate.
Real Talk Training (RTT) Results
- Listening for what really matters
- Asking powerful questions bringing revelation
- Connecting meaningfully at home and work
- Creating a culture of honor and respect
- Managing conflict creatively
- Stewarding breakthrough conversations
- Empowering others towards transformation
Counselors/Psychologists, Business Leaders, Civic Leaders, Ministry Workers, Students, Anyone interested in improving their Communication Skills
- Increased relational connection at home and work
- Powerful conversations that people will remember
- Bottom line listening for what really matters
- Creative collaboration and team building
- Conflict resolution confidence
- Emotional intelligence enhancement
- Culture shift in the workplace "tone"
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Compare how key values will open up or shut down key conversational exchanges
- Utilize a "tailor-made" coach approach that accelerates transformational perspectives
- Analyze how to listen to what really matters intuitively
- Design penetrating questions that facilitate creative reflection
- Emotional, Relational, and Spiritual Intelligences
- Wave Theory of Sustainable Change
- Values Integration
- Creating Cultures of Honor at Home and Work
Dr. Joseph Umidi serves as Professor of Leadership at Regent University for the past 25 years where he established an award-winning curriculum to transform leaders and their organizational cultures in business, government, and education that is now being used in 22 countries and twelve languages.
As founder and president of Lifeforming Leadership Coaching, Inc., Dr. Umidi and his certified consultants and coaches have established training centers in key cities in the U.S and abroad that design tailor-made training processes for sustainable change, innovative perspectives on visioning and decision making, and creativity in the workplace. He has authored numerous articles and books dealing with Personal, Leadership, Organizational, and Community Transformation and is working in community and international transformation strategies with several organizations in the developing nations. He is married to Marie, Founder & President of TMCJ, Inc. an international Arts ministry, and the delighted grandparents of three grandchildren. See more below.
•Doctor of Ministry degree with 26 years at Regent University
• Founder/President of Lifeforming Leadership Coaching in twenty-tree countries and twelve languages
• Author of four books, numerous articles and manuals on authentic personal and leadership development
• Director of a network of regional churches and international missionaries
Recent Training Summary
• Millennium-Copthorne Hotel Group for customer- service excellence with 450 managers and 4700 employees.
• Stefano Construction Organization for creative approaches to team building with 6 U.S. centers.
• Virginia State government workers for Gang Prevention training curriculum with 14 community partners and two universities.
• South African government leaders for leadership mentoring for HIV-Aids prevention
• World-Vision international for organizational innovation
• Department of Education for Superintendent Management excellence in Singapore
Professional and Continuing Education CE Hours:
Counselors: Regent University, School of Psychology and Counseling, is an NBCC-Approved Professional and Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
In Virginia, the SPC continuing education courses may also fulfill the continuing education requirements for counselors (LPC - 18 VAC 115-20-106).
Note: This course will be available to you for 30 days from your registration date. Please complete the course and the quiz within 30 days.
Web address: http://www.regent.edu/psychology/ce
Toll Free: 800.373.5504
Director of Professional and Continuing Education
Professional and Continuing Education Program
School of Psychology & Counseling
1000 Regent University Dr.
Virginia Beach, VA 23464