International Center for Worship
Are you ready to prepare for your vital ministry role?
Regent's International Center for Worship exists to equip you with a better understanding of worship and train you to lead others. Taught by some of the Christian music industry's most notable professionals, our seminars and one-day workshops are open to students of all ages and backgrounds. Attend a workshop, learn about our master's-level degree programs that feature a worship concentration, or start by taking a class through our graduate-level nondegree program.
Purpose (Mission): The International Center for Worship exists to educate, equip, and encourage people to worship God, for His Glory and as a means to advance the work of the church to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Educate: Develop for our constituency (students, pastors, worship leaders, musicians) an understanding of worship that is theologically and historically informed and relevant to the contemporary evangelical and charismatic church world.
- Equip: Provide resources (print, multimedia, online) and practical training (in seminars, colloquia, and conferences) for those who seek to deepen their understanding of worship and who aspire to improve their skills in worship leadership.
- Encourage: Sponsor activities and events that inspire and motivate Christians to grow in their understanding and practice of worship.
Hymn Sing: Community Gathering of Faith & Love
Friday, Nov. 1, 7:30 p.m. | Regent University Chapel
Free and open to the public
Join Dove Award-winning producer and Lifeway Creative Director Craig Adams, former U.S. Attorney General and musician John Ashcroft, and worship leader David M. Edwards as we lift up our voices and celebrate our unity of faith and purpose through hymns. This uplifting evening will also feature a community choir—with churches including New Life Providence, First Baptist Norfolk, First Presbyterian Church, Atlantic Shores Baptist and others.
||John Ashcroft||David M. Edwards
Hymn Story: Hymnology & the Modern Church
Saturday, Nov. 2, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. | Regent University Chapel
Free and open to the public.
Former U.S. Attorney General and musician John Ashcroft—along with music artists Craig Adams and David M. Edwards—explores illuminating God and His Word through hymns.
- Understand the theology of hymns and how they proclaim God's character.
- Discover how to write hymns for today.
and integrate them with modern worship songs.
- Explore the art and value of Scripture elaborated by song.
- Build a worship repertoire that teaches your congregation.