Student Nomination Information
Take 2 is a scholarship, mentoring and leadership program that connects ministries, businesses, organizations and individuals with Regent University to equip emerging first-generation Christian college students. Scholarship nominations may be made by prospective students, Take 2 partners or any other source.
To learn if you or someone you know may be eligible to receive a Take 2 scholarship, please read the following Q & A:
Can I nominate myself?
No. You may not nominate yourself, however, you may ask someone else to nominate you if you meet all the criteria.
Who can be nominated?
Nominees for the Take 2 program should be:
- Incoming first-time, first-year undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents of the U.S., or have refugee or asylum status in the U.S., and who are the first in their family to attend college.
What criteria are used?
- High school graduates during the 2012-2013 school year who meet all criteria for admission to Regent University, including a minimum high school GPA of 2.5.
- First in family to attend college as evidenced from Take 2 application and data from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Identified as demonstrating need, based on results of the FAFSA.
- Dependent student, based on FAFSA determination.
- Identified as demonstrating strength of character, academic promise, leadership potential, potential to contribute back to the community, etc., as evidenced in the Take 2 application.
What benefits does the award include?
- 100 percent of undergraduate tuition, fees and housing (when applicable), and participation in the Take 2 mentoring program.
Once the award is received, what conditions must be met in order to maintain it?
- Enroll in at least 12 credits each fall and spring semester.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 by the end of spring semester.
- Maintain a relationship with a mentor for the duration of your time at Regent.
- Participate in volunteer activities sponsored by Take 2 program.
- Meet with a representative in the Office of Engagement & Retention and the Center for Latino Leadership twice a semester.
- Attend at least one workshop provided by the Office of Engagement & Retention and the Center for Latino Leadership.
- Maintain excellent character and remain in good standing with the university.
- Agree to the teaching of Regent as indicated in the university mission statement.
This award is renewed annually up to a maximum of four academic years if the recipient continues to meet conditions of award.
What if I have someone who would like to sponsor me?
Regent would love to meet with potential partners to share our vision. Please contact program director Dr. Marcela Chavan-Matviuk to discuss next steps: email@example.com or 757.352.4760.
You may also direct a potential partner to Regent's partnership page so that they may review the commitment and complete a simple partnership form.
December 1 - Take 2 and Regent enrollment applications for next academic year are due
February 15 - FAFSA application is due
February 28 - Finalists notified
March 15 - Take 2 scholars announced
"The best part of Regent for me was the support of the deans, faculty and staff."