Resources & Research
The Center for Latino Leadership is here to help you in any way possible. The following links provide a wealth of education-related information.
Regent University Resources:
- Latino Leadership Research Award - an award that honors researchers at Regent who are currently pursuing their master's and doctoral degrees.
- Latino Leadership - resources to help students develop leadership skills through networking, mentoring and developing others in a Latino context.
- Latino Websites - a collection of favorite websites submitted by Regent staff, faculty and students
- Latino Events - events sponsored through the center.
Video: Regent University Bienvenidos Fiesta
- The National Council of La Raza offers educational articles for parents. Also available in Spanish.
- Excelencia in Education offers data-driven research and analysis about Latino education.
- The Cultural Inquiry Process website explores the effects of cultural influences on students.
- Excelencia in Education explores educational strategies in its "What Works" publication series.
- Read policy briefs highlighting the effects of state and federal policies on Latinos in higher education.
- The Pew Hispanic Center is a research organization that chronicles Latinos' diverse experiences in America.
- The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute offers this National Directory of Scholarships, Internships and Fellowships for Latino Students.
- Immigration Forum with Dr. Richard Land - 9/30/2011
- Just Immigration Reform: Foundational Principles
- Culture, Spirituality, Self-Acceptance and Relationships among Latino Students
- Latino Acculturation and its Therapeutic Implication
- The Mental Health Field and the Latino Population: A Complicated Courtship
- Rev. Samuel Rodriguez Hispanic Chapel - 9/15/2010
- President Carlos Campo Hispanic Chapel - 9/28/2011
Local and Global Projects
The Center for Latino Leadership also works to help Latinos around the world by offering business and leadership training. Below are some of our past and current projects.