Latino Leadership Research Award
The Latino Leadership Research Award is sponsored by the Center for Latino Leadership (CLL) in conjunction with the Office of Academic Affairs at Regent University. This award honors researchers at Regent who are currently pursuing their master's and doctoral degrees.
Applicants must be students at Regent University and may be working in any field of scholarship. Applicants may be residents of any state within the United States or any country overseas. There are no requirements with regard to age, race or ethnicity.
The "Latino Leadership Research Award" will be given to the best candidate. If selected, applicants are committed to fulfill their research by the summer-fall 2012 term.
The recipient of the "Latino Leadership Researcher Award" will receive a certificate and stipend of $1,000.
The award recipient will be selected through a competitive process. CLL shall establish a selection committee, which will determine the award recipient(s) from among the applicants. Each applicant must send the application to the CLL director before the deadline, June 15, 2012.
Applications may be submitted by students in any area of scholarship, although priority will be given to proposals in the following areas:
- The academic experience of Latina/o undergraduate and graduate students in Christian higher education institutions.
- The spiritual experience/journey of Latina/o undergraduate and graduate students in Christian higher education institutions.
- The cultural/emotional experience/journey of Latina/o undergraduate and graduate students in Christian higher education institutions.
Applicants should identify opportunities or needs for other scholarships related to their proposal.
Applications should include an assessment of the impact of the applicant's Christian experience on his or her work in the selected field of studies.
Applications should include the following:
- Applicant's brief bio (300 words or less)
- General GPA
- A list of publications, conference and service activities over the last two years
- Description of the research project (400 words or less)
- The cover page should contain the applicant's name, school, address, telephone, fax number and email address.
- Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 15, 2012.
June 15, 2012 – Application submission due
June 30, 2012 – Announcement of "Latino Leadership Research Award"