Nomination & Selection Procedures
The procedure for submitting a nomination is as follows:
- Any eligible faculty member may recommend a nomination to his/her dean.
- The dean will review recommendations and submit a nomination using the online Nomination Form found on the Faculty Award homepage.
- No faculty member may be a recipient of the Faculty Excellence Award more than once within a two-year period.
In selecting a nominee to be a recipient for a Faculty Excellence Award, the committee shall consider:
- All criteria for eligibility
- Specific examples of how well the candidate has met the criteria for innovation, integrity and excellence
- The number of times the candidate was nominated
- How much the candidate's position lends itself to visibility for nomination
- A person on the selection committee who has supervisory responsibility for a nominee should excuse him/herself from any meetings where that nominee is discussed in order to encourage freedom of discussion.