Tips for Success
- Attend chapel regularly. You can watch live or archived chapels on the portal under "campus ministries."
- Know the mission statement of your school and how it fits with the university mission and vision statement.
- Serve on university-wide committees whenever possible so you can get to know faculty from other schools.
- Take advantage of the many resources available to increase your technological expertise (e.g. tutorials, webinars, faculty workshops).
- Use a variety of teaching techniques to address the different learning styles of your students.
- Examine student feedback in evaluations. Sometimes they have good ideas that can improve our teaching. Always bring any proposed changes to the course to the attention of your academic program director and discuss at faculty meetings. There may be implications for other professors and courses.