Faculty often hire graduate assistants to help with clerical and administrative tasks, research, proofreading or assisting with teaching duties. Be familiar with the information below. Communicate clearly and often with your graduate assistant. If you can create a win/win situation, you may find that your grad assistant stays with you through their program at Regent.
- Discuss budget provisions with the Dean or Administrative Dean.
- Schedule Hiring & Interview Training with Human Resources.
- If you would like an advertisement posted for your student position, submit a brief write up for a job posting to Financial Aid.
- Have the student applicants complete the Staff Application.
- Interview top few candidates according to guidelines received in training.
- Once you are ready to hire, contact the Assistant to the Dean regarding paperwork that will need to be completed prior to the student starting work.